Confuzzled!!!

Meryl's POV

" What the hell he thinks himself is!!!" I said throwing my bag on the couch as soon as I reached my apartment.

I sat on my bed and thought about what happened in the office today. Everything messed. I had a high expectations today all went in vain. Everything was wrong today. Not a single thing went good. Everything is totally messed.

All started from the call I got from Dad this morning. That got me very confused that I couldn't concentrate on work. Then add my new colleagues who either didn't like me or otherwise they have this kind of aura that made people uncomfortable to stay around them. I actually don't have any idea but I want to know.

No one actually made me this uncomfortable. May be just because of what Dad said that effect me much and I was lost. I might was thinking everything negatively this why I felt like that. They may be very nice but I failed to acknowledge them. I will talk to them tomorrow. I shouldn't make a decision before I know them properly. May it will turn the exact opposite. I hope so. I don't want to prejudge anyone.

But as for my boss I am not going to talk to him any longer. I don't want to. Nora was right. May be he fires me. I don't want to get fired as well. At least not this time. I have just joined here. I want to prove myself to my mom. I want show her that I can do it without any help.

I better keep myself shut. Should I call Dean and Hugh or should I not?! They must be upset about this fake accusing. I should call them. My boss won't find it out anyway. I was about to call Hugh but suddenly the doorbell rang and I looked at my wrist watch. It was half past 7. Who can be here right now? I asked myself then shrugged. I went to open the door. Let's see who needs to meet me this time.

I opened the door and got a shock finding Nora with Hugh and Dean. I looked at them weirdly. Did I just have done a telepathy?!! I was just thinking about to call them and now they are here!!! I was totally taken aback by this incident. What is happening here!!!

" Well, won't you call us to go inside?" Hugh asked me.

" Oh, yes. Sure. Come inside." I said and moved away to let them come in. I closed the door as they came in. I followed them to the living room.

" Can I have some water, Meryl?" Hugh asked me.

" Yeah, sure." I said and bring him a bottle from the freezer.

" Thanks." He said and drank the water.

" What happened to you both?" I asked them.

" Got fired. You know that I bet." Dean said.

" Yes. I heard that this morning. What the hell, man!! What made you both get fired?!" I asked them.

" Well, a long story." Hugh said.

" Then tell it. I am not busy either." I said to them.

" Everything is a drama actually." Dean said.

" Drama!!?" I asked them looking at them weirdly.

" Yes, a drama." Nora said.

" But you didn't tell me that this morning." I said to her.

" Cause we can't discuss it in the office. It's risky for our plan that we made." She said.

" Which plan?" I asked confusedly.

" You remember you asked me that day why boss doesn't take a step against the employees who deceived us?" He asked me.

" Yes, what's with that?" I asked.

" Well, it's not easy. There is a big plot behind it. Just can't make things too easier." Dean said.

" Tell me from the start. I can't understand anything." I said to him.

" Well, at first you need to know about the Maxfield. They are ultimate rivals of Campbell. Always trying to find out a way to defeat them until now Campbell are ahead. But this time they got it good to make the employees deceive us. They paid them twice to resign when it was a must need. I don't know what made those stupid think that they can be easily go out of this. But ultimately they are trapped. Maxfield is not going to help them when we file case on them." Dean said.

" It means they were paid twice to destroy Campbell, right?" I asked him.

" Yes. That's what I was saying." He said.

" Now what is the plan?" I asked him.

" The plan is easy. We filed a case on them. Now they have two options. One.. to surrender themselves and get destroyed two.. to listen to us and do as we tell them to do, it will save them." He said.

" What do you guys want to do?" I asked him.

" Simple, we will tell them to confess the truth in the court and drag Maxfield there. This how we will withdraw the case on them and sue Maxfield instead. They will be safe. Their career will be safe." Dean said.

" You think this plan will work?" I asked him.

" Who will want to go to jail?" He asked me. I thought for a second. This plan was good.

" Hmm.. not bad but what do you guys need to do with this plan?! Why the boss fired you guys? What is the new drama here?" I asked them.

" Well, it's about the thing we need to explain now. It's a double trick." Nora said.

" How is that?" I asked her.

" Dean, Hugh and I are the most trustworthy employees of our company. We know many secrets. So, if Dean and Hugh are fired then Maxfield will definitely grab the opportunity to contact them to find out the other weakness of Campbell. They will definitely try to use them and that's what we want." Nora said.

" Why is that?" I asked her.

" Cause, we think there is a mastermind behind all this who is behind Maxfield. Maxfield has not that courage to do such a thing. There must be someone else as well." She explained.

" So, this was a drama to get fired." Hugh said.

" But actually you guys are not?" I asked.

" No. We are not." He replied.

" It's really a killer plan." I said.

" I heard about killer heels but never heard about killer plan." Dean said and I rolled my eyes.

" I meant a brilliant plan, man. You guys are genius." I said to them.

" Thanks, Meryl but this is not our plan. This was Finn's." They said and I looked at them weirdly.

" Really?" I asked them and they nodded.

" I thought he can only irritate people." I said.

" He only irritates you. Otherwise he is not like that with other employees. Not at all." Nora said.

" This why I call him stupid." I said. She sighed.

" One thing Meryl. This is a very secret plan. You shouldn't take about it with anyone. Not even with Nora at office or anywhere. You won't contact with us either. Just do your work. Don't want to involve you in this." Hugh said. I was very confused.

" You made me confuzzled." I said to him.

" Made you what?" He asked me.

" Confused and puzzled." I said to him.

" Why is that?" He asked me.

" If you don't want to involve me then why did you guys tell me this in the first place?" I asked them.

" Boss' order." He said and I was again confuzzled.

" Finn told you guys to come here?" I asked them.

" Yes, he did." Hugh said.

" Why would he do that?" I asked.

" You were upset with him and I think he doesn't want you to be upset." Nora said seriously.

" And why is that?" I asked her.

" I don't know. You should ask him." She said making me totally confuzzled.