Brave

Meryl's POV

" I am home. Where are you all?!" I shouted from the entrance.

" Meryl!!!!" I heard my mom. She came downstairs.

" Mommmmmyyyyy!!!!" I said and hugged her.

" You are back?! This early?" She asked me shockingly.

" Yeah, my boss suspended us." I said.

" Finn?" She asked.

" Yes, Mom. He suspended us." I said.

" What do you mean by us?" She asked.

" Cara, Richard and me." I said.

" Why did he suspended you guys? What did you do?" She asked me.

" We worked like animals these days. So, he gave us a vacation in the name of suspension." I said to her and she laughed hard.

" Really? Like really?" She asked and I sighed.

" Yeah, appearently yes." I said.

" He did a good thing. He has something in his brain. Not completely stupid like you always call him." She said.

" He is a stupid. No doubt." I said.

" Enough now go get freshen up and I will set the dinner table." She said.

" Where is Dad?" I asked her.

" He must be on his way to coming back home." She said and I nodded.

I went to my room and took a shower. Changing myself into a comfortable clothes I decided to go downstairs to have dinner cause I was hell hungry. I had a sandwich in the morning. I was starving.

" Mom, is the dinner ready?" I asked my mom.

" It's ready." She said.

" Where is Dad?" I asked her.

" He is coming down. You start having your food he will join I awhile." She said and I nodded. I found Dad coming downstairs.

" Hi, Dad." I said and he was shocked for awhile.

" Anna?!!" He said and I chuckled.

" Yes, Dad. It's me." I said.

" You came back." He said and I hugged him.

" Yes, Dad. I have come back." I said.

" This early?" He asked as he sat beside me.

" My boss suspended me." I said and he looked at me weirdly.

" Finn suspended you?" He asked me.

" Yes, he did." I said.

" How dare he!!!" He said and mom rolled her eyes.

" He gave her a vacation." Mom said.

" Oh, is that so?" Dad asked and I nodded. He chuckled.

" Then it's ok." He said.

" When are you going back?" Mom asked me.

" Next week." I said.

" Cool. Let's go for shopping tomorrow." Mom said. I sighed inwardly. Mom and her shopping habit willill never change.

" Ok. Let's go. But not in the morning. I am going to sleep until noon. Then will go for shopping in the afternoon." I said.

" You have to go for shopping in the morning. Then roam around for whole the day." She said and I chuckled.

" Then let's go the day after tomorrow." I said to her.

" Ok then." She said to me.

" What are you doing in the vacation?" Dad asked me.

" Most of the time sleeping. I need to save my energy for the big event." I said.

" You mean wedding?" My mom asked smirking at me weirdly. I face palmed.

" Mom!!!" I said. " Not the wedding. I was talking about the launching event. We have a lot of works to do there." I said to her.

" Oops, sorry." She said still smirking evilly.

" No, you are not sorry, I know that." I said to her and she laughed.

" I wanted to be sorry but unfortunately I am not." She said and I rolled my eyes.

" Leave it. Tell me how was the presentation?" She asked me.

" Full of drama." I said.

" Why is that?" She asked me.

" Well, the spies got caught. It was a real drama. All other thought it's Nora who was the culprit but I knew Nora, Dean and Hugh were working on this. Then the day came Nora bumped into Richard and our laptop was broken. It had our all the documents which made the suspicious activity more strong." I said.

" Laptop was broken then how did you guys did the presentation?" Mom asked me.

" There is another drama." I said.

" We are not in hurry." Dad said.

" Well, a few days back Finn called one of his friends who works in ASIO to find out the spy in the office. That guy Julian is found out Cara's ex whom she can kill with her bare hands. Abd that stupid guy keeps irritating her more and more. Then when our laptop was broken he has copied our presentation before. He gave us the pen drive and we could finish our presentation. It was lucky that he had copied that. Otherwise we would been ruined that day." I said.

" He is a good boy and intelligent too. He knew that there can be something serious happen before the presentation. So, he took a good decision." Mom said

" He is not a good boy, Mom. He cheated on Cara, broke her heart and played with her emotions." I gritted.

" Really?!" She asked me.

" Yeah. Cara said that to us. He might be a good guy but what he has done with Cara wasn't at all appropriate. I won't approve it." I said.

" Well, Anna. From well did you start to prejudge people again?" Mom asked and I shut myself.

" You will never know on which circumstances you have met him. May be you are meeting him when he was already in a mess." Mom said. She was right.

" Listen to Mommy, Anna. Mom knows everything the best." Dad said and I chuckled.

" I agree." I surrender myself.

" Ok, finish your dinner." Mom said and we finished our dinner. I walked towards my room and laid down on the bed. But I wasn't able to sleep. It was so stupid thst I couldn't sleep when I travel a lot. I am done." I just sat up on the bed and got down from the bed. I went downstairs to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. I drink a bit and kept it back. I thought to walk towards the balcony. When I reach there I found dad sitting there already.

" Dad!!" I said.

" Anna? What happened?" He asked me.

" I can't sleep, Dad." I said sitting across him.

" Sit here for awhile then you will feel better." He said.

" Dad!!" I called him.

" You wanted to talk about something that day." I said to him and he suddenly turned into pale.

" I don't think I am brave enough to say that." He said to me.