Secrets

Meryl's POV

" Where are we going?" I asked him.

" To your apartment. Have you seen yourself?! You are freezing." He said and he was right. I was freezing. It was freezing cold which was even freezing my bones.

" Yeah, it's better. Let's go to my apartment and order something for dinner." I said to him.

" First of all you need some warm clothes. Then you need anything else. It's food or something else. At first you need to warm yourself up." He said.

" I am good." I said hugging myself tightly.

" Yeah, I can clearly see that." He said rolling his eyes. I sighed.

" Never ever wear something too revealing. Everytime you wear such thing you get yourself in trouble. See?" He asked touching my cheek which was so cold now.

" I don't know why is this so cold now. When I went to office it wasn't this cold around." I said and he wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him tightly.

" At least look at the weather then take decision." He said.

" But you said you want me to wear red." I said.

" But I didn't tell you to wear something which will freeze you in the winter. By red I meant something which is on winter fashion. It's not summer by God. What are you wearing!!?" He asked me.

" I am sorry." I said. " This is the only red dress that was inside my closet. I couldn't find anything else to wear which is red." I said to him.

" It's ok then you should just wear something comfortable. I didn't tell you to kill yourself by wearing this." He said and I chuckled.

" But I wanted to wear red." I said.

" You are too stubborn." He said.

" I know." I said and the car stopped as we reached my apartment. It was at 17th floor. I decided to go there first and get myself some warm clothes.

" You are cold." He said.

" I know. You don't have to say that like a broken radio." I said and he chuckled. We reached my apartment and we went inside.

" Go get changed. I will make you a coffee." He said.

" Sure. Kitchen is to the left." I said and ran upstairs to get changed. When I changed into my warm clothes I came downstairs. I found him in the kitchen having coffee and cooking something. I smiled looking at him. He was looking adorable in the kitchen apron.

" Need help?" I asked him.

" No, ma'am. I am good." He said and I chuckled.

" Where is my coffee?" I asked him.

" There comes your coffee." He said and gave me a cup of coffee. I took a sip.

" Hmm, not bad. 2 on 10." I said.

" Really?!" He raised one of his eyebrows.

" Yeah, a bit bitter." I lied. He kept the coffee cup on the kitchen counter and hold my waist then made me sit on the counter. I looked at him and he smiled sweetly. He just crashed his lips on mine. I kissed him back. Soon he pulled back.

" Now, try it. I bet it will be sweeter than you can imagine." He said and laughed as I pouted.

" What are you making?" I asked him.

" Spaghetti. Do you like it?" He asked me.

" I will love everything that you make. I won't complain." I said honestly. He smiled widely. That's it. I jumped down from the kitchen counter and hugged him tightly.

" It will burn." He said.

" Let it burn." I said and he chuckled.

" The baby Meryl mood on?" He asked me.

" You don't like it?" I asked him.

" I love everything about my girl specially her smile and no I don't like it when she cries. Otherwise I like everything about her." He said and I giggled.

" It will burn seriously." He said and I let him go. I walked towards the kitchen table with my coffee. I kept sipping the coffee and staring at him.

" Done." He announced after awhile.

" Well done, Babe." I said and he chuckled. He served us the dinner.

" You wanted to talk about something?" He asked me.

" Yeah, I wanted to tell you something." I told him and he looked at me.

" Then tell me." He said.

" Yeah. It's all started when I realized that there is something wrong between my mom and my brother. This thing is irritating me from long." I said.

" Something wrong between Theo and Mrs. Hill?! What did you want ton say? Be specific." He said.

" Actually. They don't talk each other. I mean mom tries to talk but Bro doesn't want to talk to her. He just runs away from her never wants to show her his face or doesn't want to see her face." I said to him.

" What are you saying?!! I have always heard Nemo saying how helpful and cool her mother in law is and how much kids loved her." He said.

" Yeah, that's right. He gave Mom all the rights to visit her daughter in law and grandchildren but the only right he snatch from her is to visit him. He told her to stay away from him and never show her face to him." I said.

" What?!! Why?! I didn't know about this. Why will Theo do this?!" He asked me.

" That's my question as well." I said.

" You never asked them what's wrong with themselves?" He asked me.

" I did. I asked Mom thousands of time to tell exactly what's wrong with her and bro." I said.

" What did she say?" He asked me.

" She didn't say anything just kept staring at me and said it's not her place to tell me. She says time will reveal everything but I am not that patient. My patience is shattering. Because no one is going to tell this to me ever. They are not even near that thing. They are running away from this truth. I just want to find this out anyhow. By hook or crook. I don't want to wait anymore I just. Want to know this right now." I said firmly.

" Calm down, Meryl. May be it's the best for you not to know. Some secrets are better to be secret. If they comes to light then they can create a great destruction. So, it's better to let it be secret." He said. I nodded.

" May be you're right. May be you are not. I don't know actually which one is the truth but soon I will figure." I said.

I don't care if breaks my heart. I need to know. It is suffocating now. I sighed.