No Way

Finn's POV

" Never ever piss me off to the end." Meryl warned me again.

" I heard that once. Why are you shouting, girl?" I told her because people were looking at us turning their head. Awkward!!!

" Cause you are stupid." She said again in her piercing voice.

" For God sake just calm down. What did I do now? Why are you shouting?" I asked her.

" You blackmailed me to come with you." She said.

" I invited you politely at first but you rejected it. What else should I do then?" I asked him.

" Why do you need to bring me out for a lunch? Are you trying to hit on me?" She asked raising one of her eyebrows. I chuckled inwardly. I decided to piss her a bit more. It was fun.

" Yeah, I am now?" I asked her.

" No you are not. Stop acting. You are not a good actor." She said and I chuckled.

" Just peace offering, Anna. Now come with me." I told her.

" I don't want a peace offering." She said.

" It will lighten up your mood. I promise." I said.

" Promise my foot." She said.

" Just calm down, Anna." I said to her.

" I won't. Go die." She said and I chuckled.

" Ok, just come with me, girl." I said to her.

" I don't want to die." She said.

" I am not going to die." I chuckled.

" Don't laugh." She said.

" Ok. If you say so." I said.

" We are going to have launch?" She asked me.

" It's lunch time we can't have dinner now, anyways. So, yes we are going to have lunch." I said. She glared at me.

" But why are we walking then? It's not morning as well to have a morning walk you know?" She asked me.

" Walking is good for health." I told her.

" Not that thing it's just freezing cold here. You see my hands are cold as ice." She showed me her hands like a little kid.

" This why we are walking." I said.

" To freeze ourselves to the point of death?" She asked me and I laughed.

" No, to keep ourselves warm." I said.

" Where are we going?" She asked me buttoning up her blazer and putting the scarf around her head to protect herself from the freezing cold weather.

" To have lunch?!" I told her in a 'duh' tone.

" Oh, really?! I thought we are going to play soccer." She said rolling her eyes.

" Don't roll your eyes, you know, they might stuck at an awkward position." I told her and she looked at me with a boring expression.

" Eyes can't stuck at an awkward position. This is absurd what you just have said." She said to me. I chuckled.

" They can. You will see when your eyes will stuck at an awkward position." I said to her. She rolled her eyes.

" Come to the point. Where are we going for the lunch?" She asked me.

" To the restaurant that is at the end of this block." I told her.

" This is far away from the office. We should have brought the car or get a taxi. I will be late for works." She said to me.

" You won't be late. Trust me." I said to her.

" I hope so." She said.

" You better trust me." I said.

" Because you are my boss." She said and I chuckled.

" Yes." I said to her.

" What if I get late?" She asked me.

" Then I might offer you another peace offering." I said to her.

" No, thanks." She twisted her lips.

" You're welcome." I said and at the same time we reached the restaurant.

The owner of the restaurant Paul was my classmate. So, I kinda often come here. I love their food as well.

" This is beautiful." Meryl said looking at the place. She must liked it a lot. Her dreamy eyes were saying that.

" You liked this place?" I asked her.

" Yeah, I loved it." She said.

" Let's go then. Have lunch." I said to her and she nodded. We sat on the corner and order our food.

" I heard you left your previous job." I told her.

" Yeah, more like got fired." She said and sighed deeply.

" What?!! Why? You are really talented girl." I said being curious.

" It's long story. Sometimes talent is nothing if you have power to dismiss anything." She said.

" Oh. What exactly happened?" I asked her.

" My boss wanted me to date her stupid Playboy son. I refused it and she fired me. But I assure you even if she hadn't fired me I wouldn't have left the job." She said. I nodded. " If I face that kind of problem here then I will leave this job as well. Self-respect stands first for me." She added.

" And I assure you that you will not face that kind of problem here." I said and she nodded.

" Thanks for that." She said.

" You are welcome. If you don't mind can I ask you something else?" I asked her.

" Yeah, sure." She said.

" Why don't you work with your mom or your brother?" I asked her. She sighed.

" I wanted to work with them. But there are problems it's not easy. In our clothing line there are limitations for a designer and lack of the opportunities to show their own creativity. It's like working on order like a robot. I don't like a bit. I need my own space while working." She said. "And besides the senior designers are so bossy. I don't like to work under someone's supervision. And as for my brother I had no problem going to work with him but my dad is not ready to let me go out of the country anyways." She said and chuckled dryly.

" Oh, I see." I said.

" But how do you know my family? And how do you know me?" She asked me.

" Oh, you haven't Googled it yet?" I asked her.

" No. Just tell me. Don't make things more confusing." She said.

" I thought you remember me. But you don't. Anyways you might remember Stella." I said to her.

" Stella Anderson, right?" She asked me.

" That's her maiden name." I said.

" Yes, I know. Stella Campbell. Right?" She said. I nodded.

" She is my sister in law." I said and she looked at me with widen eyes.

" No way!!!" She said and I laughed at her reaction.