Crazy Heart

Meryl's POV

" You ok, Bro? You are looking so tired? Did you sleep well last night?" Cara asked me.

" Yes, I am fine. Why?" I asked her.

" Your eyes are red." She said. "Everything alright?" She asked me.

" Yeah, yeah. Everything is fine." I said to her.

" But you don't look like you are fine." She said to me.

" I am ok just a bit tired of work." I said.

Actually I lied. I wasn't ok. I couldn't sleep a bit last night thinking about Finn. I don't know why but I couldn't stop myself from thinking about him. I felt restless thinking about him being with someone else. I was feeling like I am slicing my heart thinking about this. I should stop myself but I just can't. I don't know why.

" Take rest. Go home. We will handle it." I said.

" I need to make the last few sketches." I said.

" Listen to me you need to take rest. Go home. Go girl. Don't stress yourself. It's not good." She said to me.

" I will go back home after I finish my sketches. Don't worry." I said to her.

" You need a vacation now." She said to me.

" I am fine." I said to her.

" You are not, girl. You need to sleep by God." She said.

" I will be fine." I said to her.

" No you are not." She said. " Go back home, bro. Give these to me. I will take over your works." She said and took my skecthbook. I let her cause my head wasn't functioning properly. I looked at the couch and lay down on it.

" Sleep for awhile. I will call you later. " She said and I nodded.

" Thanks, bro." I said.

" You are always welcome." She said and I slept there. Then wake up I found Cara still working on the desk. She was seriously sketching with will her attention on the sketchbook. I sat up and she looked at me.

" You are up?" She asked me and I found her blazer was wrapping around me. I smiled nodding at her.

" Yeah, thanks for this." I said to her showing the blazer.

" Anytime, bro." She said.

" What time is it now?" I asked her.

" It's 2 PM already." She said. I slept 5 hours!!!! Crazy!! How can I sleep like this in a couch?! I sighed.

" Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked her.

" Destroying someone's beauty sleep is a crime." She said. I sighed and walked towards the washroom. I got fresh and came out of the washroom.

" What do you think about it? I made them in the meantime. Do you like them?" She showed me her sketches as soon as I walked out of the washroom.

" They look good. I will check them properly at home. I think I will go home now." I said.

" Well, it's weekend. I think you should go your home and celebrate birthday with your family. They miss you anyways." She said and I nodded.

I should go home. May be that can help me to get out of this weird, awkward, unexpected feelings. I don't want to feel relief. But thinking about Finn is making me crazy. I don't know why I feel like I got cheated. We were just friends. We were not dating we were nothing more than friends. But at least he could tell this to me.

May be he didn't think that is important. May be you are not that important for him. My brain stated and it was true. May be I was not that important for him. But hell why does it hurts too much!!! Why can't I get it straight that we are nothing more than friends!!!

I came out of the office building after saying goodbye to Cara. I called my dad and told him to book me a ticket to Sydney. I needed to do it. I want to go home and hang out with my friends. It might help. I want to forget him. I want to forget everything. I decided to call Nemo. May be she can make me feel good. I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

" Hey, Cherry." She said as soon as she picked up.

" Hello, Nemo." I said.

" How are you, girl?" She asked me.

" I am good." I said. " What about you all? How is bro and my little babies?" I asked her.

" Kids are good and your brother fine as well. Just Edmund is too much to handle. He is all the time pranking around the house. You know he left a lizard in Elyssa's room." She said and my eyes widened.

" How can a 5 years old boy get to catch a lizard?" I almost shrieked.

" I don't have any idea about it. I can't understand how can Theo's son be this pranky?!!" She said and I chuckled. Well, Ed looks exactly like Bro but their attitude is pole apart. Like bro is always calm and quiet but Ed is always high. He is super pranky. Doing prank all the time. But can't help. We love him a lot.

" He will be alright. Don't worry.  He is just a kid." I said.

" I know but till then we all will be doomed with his attitude." She said and sighed deeply.

" Where are the other two? Went to school?" I asked her.

" Yeah, they have gone to school. I am at home with the little devil." She said and I chuckled.

" When are they going to come back home?" I asked her.

" In awhile. I am preparing the lunch." She said.

" I miss your food a lot." I said to her and she chuckled.

" I miss you too, Girl." She said.

" Liar." I said.

" Why?" She asked.

" You didn't call me these days." I complained.

" I did. But it showed busy all the time. I thought you put your phone on a silent mode. But I called Stella and asked her to check if you are ok. She said you are busy with works. So I didn't disturb you further. I am of course a responsible sister, Cherry." She said and I smiled.

" I love you." I said to her. I wish I could hug her right now!!!

" I love you too, Cherry." She said.

" I am going to Sydney tonight. I will stay there 3 days and will come back then." I said.

" It's your birthday the day after tomorrow." She said.

" Yeah, it is." I said smilingly.

" What is the plan?" She asked me.

" Don't know. May be will hang out with my friends and stay at home with Mom." I said.

" Hmm. It's birthday. Make it special." She said.

" It's special itself." I said.

We talked awhile with Nemo and then hung up. I closed my eyes. I definitely have a crazy heart. I definitely do. I sighed deeply.