What's With Him?!

Meryl's POV

" I have done some changes in the schedules, just recheck it and let me know if it's ok for you." Cara said to me smilingly.

" Sure, I will do that. No worries. Where is Richard by the way?" I asked her.

" He has gone to talk to Nora." She said.

" Oh, ok. I will check it then. Will we have the meeting next week? What has Nora said to you?" I asked Cara.

" She hasn't said anything till now. I was actually not bothering her cause she has a lot of work to do as Dean and Hugh are not here anymore." She said and I nodded.

" Alright, I got it." I said checking the schedule that she has made.

" Hmm." She said and sat next to me.

" We actually can settle things by changing it a bit." I said still looking at the schedule.

" Like how?" She asked me.

" Let's make the easy part first then we will make the others." I said to her.

" Done." She said.

" And let's fix the meeting with the Finance team this Friday." I said to her.

" It's better if we can fix it on Wednesday." She said.

" But you know we don't have our presentation ready still now." I said.

" Richard will handle it." She said.

" If that's it then I don't have any problem. But I want you to make it flawless. I want to show them a great team work. If Richard is handling the presentation then we can start to make the sketches and send talk to the textile house in the meantime." I said.

" Alright, you make the sketches I will talk to the textile house in person. Is that ok?" She asked me.

" Yeah, I am ok with that. Then let's discuss with Richard and start working. We have a few days more." I said to her.

" We will make it. Don't worry." She said and I nodded.

" I hope so." I said.

" Tell me one thing." She said.

" Yeah, sure. What is that?" I asked her.

" Why was boss here awhile back?" She asked me.

" Who Finn?" I asked.

" Yeah, Mr. Campbell." She said.

" I don't know. He might had some work with any of us." I said.

" Then why didn't he say anything?" She asked me and I looked at her weirdly. How can I say that!!!

" May be he had some work with Richard then." I said.

" But he was looking at you intensely. I thought he is your boyfriend." She said and my eyes widened. From where she got these weird idea?!

" What?! No. Not at all. He is not my boyfriend." I said and cleared my throat. " May be he was here just to have a check on me." I said to her.

" Why will boss come and have a check on you if he is not interested in you?" She asked me.

" Because we are friends. Kinda family friends you can say. This why. Nothing else." I said to her.

" I thought you guys are together. By the way, may be there is something which you don't know cause he hasn't told you." She said and I looked at her weirdly.

" There is nothing, Cara. He is just my boss in the office and a good friend outside of the office. That's it. No need to think something else, ok?" I said to her.

" Alright. If you say so. But I will still hold my opinion. May be things happen in future. You can't blame me for that. Can you?" She asked me winking at me and I chuckled.

" Yeah, yeah, keep your fingers crossed may be something happens in your dream." I said and she smirked at me.

" I know the expression in boys eyes and that eyes were not just showing a little concern for a friend, my dear. You may come to know soon." She said and I rolled my eyes.

" Like I will believe you." I said to her.

" Give me a nice treat on a fancy restaurant around when you guys get together. After all I am telling this to you at first. I deserve this, don't I?" She asked me and I rolled my eyes again.

" Go girl. Go do your work. Stop eating my brain."  I said and she laughed.

" You will thank me later, girl. Mark my words." She said and walked out of the my cabin. " Talk to you later. Now I need to talk to the textile house." She said and I sighed shaking my head helplessly.

Crazy girl. Like I said. I shouldn't prejudge people. This girl is nice to cope up with. I like her already. It will be fun to work with her. I chuckled and went to my desk to start my works. I need to clear today's sketches before Cara comes back from the textile house. I was busy with my works suddenly someone knocked on the door. I looked up and found Richard entering my cabin. He smiled at me and sat across me.

" Oh, you have already started making the sketches?" He asked and I nodded.

" Yes." I said concentrating back on the sketches.

" Do you need any help?" He asked me. " I am definitely free to help a beautiful girl like you." He said in a funny way and I chuckled.

" As for now, I think you should help yourself. I can manage anyways." I said and he sighed.

" I was just saying like that. Tell me what you guys have decided to do first?" He asked me.

" Alright, we divided our works. Cara has gone to talk to the textile house, I am handling the sketches and you are going to handle the presentation this Wednesday there is a meeting with the Finance team." I said to him.

" But I don't have any idea what to do." He said.

" Relax, it's easy just arrange the data from the record. I got the records already. They are in Cara's cabin. You can go and fetch them. Now get out and let me work." I said and he laughed.

" Wow, what a nice way to explain to your colleague." He said and I laughed.

" Go, do your works or else boss will fire you." I said.

" May be. Tell me if you are free this Friday. We have a plan then." He said.

" We?" I said and then I heard a knock. I saw Finn standing there with an unreadable expression. Richard stood up.

" Talk to you later, Meryl. I should leave now." He said and left the cabin immediately. I found Finn glaring at Richard. I looked at Finn weirdly. What's with him now?!!