Saved

Meryl's POV

" Hugh, can I talk to Ms. Hill alone for awhile?" Mr. Campbell said to Hugh. No, don't go, Hugh.

" Sure, sir." Hugh said. Traitor!!! He left without wasting a second. Urrrghh!!! I heard Mr. Campbell clearing his throat. I looked up at him and tried to keep calm.

" What happened? Why were you guys discussing about the designers who used to work here before?" He asked me in a normal tone.

Wait, he is not scolding me?!! Thanks God. I thought he is going to shout that me saying to mind my own damn business and not to open my damn mouth in every damn matter. I took a sigh of relief.

" What are you thinking, Anna?" He asked me. " You ok?" He asked me

" Ummm, nothing. I am absolutely fine." I said to him.

" Why were you guys talking about the previous employees?" He asked me.

" Umm.. I mean..." I was hesitating.

" You can say anything without any hesitation." He said and I nodded.

" Umm... They had created a big mess here. Almost deleted every single information from the record here. Many of important data I needed to collect from Nora while it should be here in the records. I am afraid that there can be something very important. You should check it." I said to him.

" No worries I will definitely do it." He said to me.

" Ok then."  I sighed.

" Any problem?" He asked me.

" Just have tons of works to do for today." I said to him.

" We will find out a team for you soon. Then your work will be bit reduced." He said.

" It's ok. I can handle." I said.

" You can. I didn't mean that. I said if you find out a team that it would be better. You can take a sigh of relief." He said.

" Oh, alright if you can find out someone who can help me. But trust me I don't like people interfering in my works." I let him know about my opinion.

" No one is interfering in your works. You are independent here. Do whatever you think is right. It's your place." He said.

" Thank you for considering my points." I said to him.

" You are welcome and all the best." He said to me.

" Do you want to see the my sketches?" I asked him. I nodded.

" I prefer to trust you." He said and smiled. A smile that made me smile automatically and made me feel better. I nodded.

" Can you tell me one thing?" I asked him.

" Yes, sure." He said.

" How do you know my nickname?" I asked him and he chuckled.

" It's secret." He said and smirked at me. I just narrowed my eyes at him.

" Tell me already." I said. He shook his head. " Don't mess up with me." I warned him.

" Oh really? I am the boss here."  He said raising one of his eyebrows. I opened my mouth to say something but I had nothing to say against it. He is right he is the boss here.

" Please tell me. I am just too confused from last week. Have we meet before?" I asked him.

" May be." He said.

" What's with may be?" I asked him.

" I will tell you once this deal gets closed." He said to me.

" I will die with curiosity by then." I said to him. He chuckled.

" No, you won't. Now do your work."

" I will. you can't understand. I am a very curious person. I can go any further for my curiosity." I said to him.

"  We will see that." He said.

" Tell me, please." I said to him.

" You find out by your own. You are a smart girl. I hope you can find this out by your own." He said.

" And how will that happen?" I asked him.

" Hmm ... Let me think. There is something called Google, right?" He said smirking at me.

" There is." I said.

" You know you can ask anything from Google. It won't mind anyways." He said amusingly. I twisted my lips in disappointment.

" That was rude." I said.

" Yeah, I know." He said.

" Wait I will find out right now." I said to him.

" This is your office hour. No out works." He said and I gritted my teeth.

" Don't you have works then if it's office hour?" I asked him crossing my arms over my chest.

" No, I don't. I am the boss here. You always forget about it." He said smirking at me.

" Alright, write 'I am the boss' on your forehead and roam around. People won't get confused then." I said.

" No need only you get confused. Not actually confused you forget every time. What should we do with that?" He asked me.

" I have works to do. If you don't have any works then you can sit here and watch me working but silently otherwise I will throw anything I get in my reach at your face." I said to him.

" Alright, I have works as well." He said.

" Alright then go and do your works." I said to him. " And I know you are the boss here." I told him before he could start again.

" Yeah, remember that it will be better for you." He said and walked out of my cabin.

I quickly took out my phone to find out about this Campbell mystery I was damn curious now.

" Oh, I forgot to remind you that there are hidden cameras in this cabin. So, you can't actually waste your office hour cause boss has his eyes on you. Right?" He said and I stomped my feet.

" Where are the camera?" I asked him looking around. Trying to figure out where they were.

" They are called hidden cameras. So, they are hidden. You can't find them out. They are quite invisible for you." He said smirkingly. I swear one day I will just wipe his smirk from his face.

" Get out let me work." I said.

" You can't do that." He said.

" Do what?" I asked him.

" Order your boss." He said. I took a deep breath and calmed myself.

" Dear sir, will you please go and let me work? I am in a hell situation and if you keep bothering me then I will not be able to finish my works in time, right?" I said gritting my teeth.

" Alright, do your works but don't waste office hour." He said.

" I won't. You can be relaxed. I am a sincere employee." I said still gritting.

He chuckled and walked out of the my cabin. Stupid for a boss but better than Caldwell. I need to work to save my employer from a big mess.