Nail It

Meryl's POV

" Are you nervous, Bro?" Richard asked Cara.

" A bit. What about you?" She asked him back.

" Feelings are mutual. What about you, Bro?" Cara asked me.

" Nope, I am not nervous but I am excited. Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy." I said like a kid. They chuckled.

" You are such a kid, Bro." Richard said.

" I am waiting for this day for so long. Now finally it came." I said to him.

" From tomorrow we don't need to be scared that our works will be stolen or anything like that." Richard said.

" Isn't that great?" I said.

" Just remember the drama we are going to do here." Richard said. " You will be handling the presentation. When you will start to give the presentation the first slide will be blank and you will be a bit nervous until we can read everyone's face expression. We will give you a green light sign and change the slide then you will start to give your presentation." Richard said and we nodded.

" Just be careful." Cara said.

" We will be." I said.

" Bro, you brought your sketchbooks?" Richard asked me.

" Yes, it's with me." I said.

" And the other arrangements?" He asked me.

" It's also inside my bag." I said giving him a thumbs up.

" We are go-" suddenly someone ran into us and the laptop which had whole our presentation broken at once.

" Sorry, guys. Sorry, sorry. I was in hurry." I heard Nora who gave us an apologetic look. But we kept looking at the laptop in horror. Our presentation got destroyed. God!!! What are we going to do now?!! She walked away.

" Nora!!! What have you done!!" I said and knelt on the ground along with Cara and Richard. We were looking at the broken laptop.

" What happened guys?" She asked us.

" You broken our presentation, dude." Richard said in a very cold tone.

" Oh my God!! The presentation was in the laptop?" She asked us. We just sighed deeply.

" I am sorry, guys. I didn't found you guys are coming. I was in hurry." She said giving us an extremely apologetic look.

" Nothing can happen with your sorry, Nora. It's broken. Means we are done. Our presentation is spoiled and we are finished." Cara said.

" We have worked hard on it." I said and controlled over my tears hard. I was so upset. I even worked 20 hours in a day for this presentation. All my hard work went in vain. Not only mine but all of us. I have seen how much devoted Cara and Richard was.

" Guys, I am sorry." Nora said.

" Urrrghh!!! Stop saying sorry, Nora. Sorry can't buy anything now." Cara said.

" Then will I tell them to cancel the meeting today?!" Nora asked us. She has gut to ask this in this situation!!!

" What!?? No. Don't do that. Just go and tell them we need some time for a last check." Richard said.

" But what will you guys present? This is broken." She said.

" We will see. You no need to worry. You go and tell them." Richard said.

" Ok, I will go and tell them you guys need a bit time." She said.

" Better. Now please leave us alone." Cara said. She left.

" She did it willingly." Richard gritted.

" Don't prejudge anyone." I said.

" Guys stop talking about her. We need to think about the presentation now. We are done already. We can gather a little hope if we can fix this." Cara said pointing at the broken laptop which had all our hope and hard work in this now is nothing but a trash.

" Can this be fixed?" I asked.

" I don't think so." We heard Julian saying.

" Please, dude if you can't give us a bit hope then don't discourage us. Just leave." Richard said.

" Everything spoiled." I almost cried. I bit my lower lip to control on my tears.

" There is always an alternative way." Julian said and it irritated me a lot. We were already in a devastating situation and he is in a mood of joking. Alright. I am telling him what actually joke is.

" Really!!?" I stood up. " Alternative way? Isn't that what you were talking about?" I asked him.

" Exactly." He said.

" Exactly which alternative are you talking about, Julian? Can you find out an alternative of the hard work we have done all these days!!! We literally worked like an animal. Do you have any idea about it?!" I asked him and he smiled softly. Didn't say anything for a few seconds.

" You shouldn't ask them to someone who doesn't have any idea exactly on which you can joke or make fun of and on which you can't." Cara said. " Some people are this cruel even if you are in a horrible situation they will make fun of you, even if you are dying they will push you into the ocean drowning you deep, even if you give your heart to them they will simply stepped into it and break it into million of pieces. You shouldn't ask someone like this to that question." Cara said.

" Come on, girl, let's go and let's prepare ourselves for the presentation. No matter what we are not going to lose. This isn't what we thought will happen but stay positive. God is always with them who are honest and hard working. We are not going to step back now." Richard said. We turned to leave.

" You are right, Richard, God is with them who are honest and hard working. God might have listened to you this time." He said and walked towards us. " This why you are saved this time." He said handing me a pen drive. "There is always an alternative. All you have to do is just find it out. You will see it was all the time around you." He said and gave Cara a look that had no expression and then he left.

" What is in it?" Richard asked.

" I don't know. Let's check." I said and picked out my laptop.

" Is this a presentation?" Richard asked and we looked at the screen with widen eyes.

" God!!! Cara, you see?" I asked her but we found her still looking at the way Julian left.

" What happened, Bro?" I asked her shaking her a bit.

" Oh, nothing. Nothing. What were you talking about?" She asked me.

" Our presentation. We got it." I said to her.

" Really?" She asked and I nodded.

" Unbelievable." She said.

" No time to talk about it anymore." Richard said.

" Let's go and nail it." I said.

" I am confident that we will do great." Richard said and Cara just nodded.