Stupid

Meryl's POV

" Why didn't the same surname ring in your ear?" He asked me.

" I don't know. Campbell is a common surname around. I didn't think you are from the same Campbell family." I said.

" I thought you remember us." He said.

" I also thought that I do remember you guys but eventually I forgot." I said.

" It's ok. But I still remember you. You were talking Nemo about ninja turtles standing on the couch then did an weird move, actually couple of weird moves then suddenly fall down. Stepped on your own feet. You were cute back then. I didn't know your name is Meryl. I thought your name is Anna. Cause everyone was calling you Anna." He said to me.

" Yeah, I have a lot of names." I said and sighed deeply.

" Yes, I do remember that Theo used to call you Cherry. Does he still call you Cherry?" He asked me.

" What do you think?" I said and sighed again. He laughed.

" But why does he call you Cherry?" He asked me.

" Long story." I said.

" I am not busy." He said.

" But I am." I said.

" Then tell in short." He replied.

" Alright. I will tell you in short." I said. " When my mom was pregnant with me they had a deal in Tokyo. So, they visit the dealers in Tokyo. Something happened and mom started to have labour pain. I was born as a premature baby. Dad says I was so little and his wedding band could hold my wrist. I always say that he made it up. But who knows may be. I saw my picture. I was really very little." I said.

" You are still little." He said.

" I am not. I am big girl now." I said and he chuckled. " Alright, I am not telling you." I said.

" Ok, sorry, sorry, sorry." He said smirkingly. I rolled my eyes.

" Don't roll your eyes." He said and smirked more. I twisted my lips." Alright tell me the rest of the story you just hung me in between. Cliffhanger!!" He said. I sighed.

" Alright, listen quietly without interrupting. If you say anything stupid in between I will throw this on your face." I told him showing the glass of water. "Even if you are my boss." I said and he rolled his eyes. " Now aren't your eyes going to stuck in an awkward position?" I asked him and he laughed.

" Ok, I am quiet." He gestured zipping up his mouth.

" You better." I said. " So, when I was born it was the first day of spring in Japan I guess. And cherry blossoms are something so related with spring in Japan." I said.

" Unofficial national flower. Symbol of renewal and hope. I think I am right." He said. I nodded.

" When I was born everyone thought I won't be able to make it and I will die. But somehow I could make it. I was there in the hospital for 2 months. The doctors there were so attached to me since they used to take care of me as my mom was very sick that time. They named me Sakura. It means Cherry Blossom in Japanese. So, this is the first name I was ever given. This is why Bro still calls me Cherry. I hate it but I love it when he calls me that with so much love. So I let him call me Cherry." I said.

" Cherry is a cute name." He said.

" Don't you dare to call me that. I will kill you then." I said to him. He laughed.

" Why not? It's adorable name." He said. " Cherry Hill. That's should be your name." He said.

" Shut up." I said glaring at him. He chuckled.

" How is your mom by the way? Everything alright between Theo and her?" He asked me and I sighed.

" No. Still nothing progressed. I tried a lot. But until now I am not succeeded." I said.

" Exactly what happened between them? Everything was ok right?" He asked.

" It's about Bro. He doesn't want to talk to Mom not even want to show up in front of her. Whenever Mom visits them he is never there. But I am happy at least he allowed her to visit Naomi and the kids. I won't disagree that Mom might have done a lot of wrong things but still she is Mom. Can't abandon her. She loves us a lot." I said.

" But why doesn't Theo want to make it up? Any specific reason?" He asked me.

" Well, he says he forgave Mom but he can't show up in front of Mom cause she will start to feel guilty and get seeing his face. I don't know the exact reason. But this is why he stays away from her." I said.

" Hmm." He said.

" Mom tried to fix this. But Bro never ever tried to take a step. He loves her too much to hurt her. But one thing I never ever understood if he loves her so much then why will she be hurt if she meets him?" I asked. " This question literally confuses so many times. So I let it go. Chuck it." I said to him.

" You never asked them?" He asked me.

" I did. Thousands of times until my throat starts to pain and stop supporting me but no use. They never answered my question just avoided my question very professional way. Like they had their answer ready for me what to say, how to react, what the reasons. Everything was like a plot of a drama." I said to him.

" I see." He said.

" Yeah, talking to them is utterly in vain." I said to him. " I just want them to make it up now. It's been so long. This can effect on the kids as well. They will ask why their father always avoids their grandma. Eugene is grown up now. What if some day he asks that?! What will they answer?" I said getting very worried.

" You should talk to Nemo about it." He said.

" She tried more than me. Until now she is standing in the same line as me. Both are failed, dude." I said.

" Alright, don't worry. Everything will be fine." He said.

" It's been years. Now I am losing hope." I said sighing deeply.

" Don't lose hope. Everything has a perfect time. May be it's not the perfect time for that." He said.

" You think everything will be alright?" I asked him.

" Yes, I believe that." He said. I nodded. " And one thing is clear." He said.

" What?" I asked him.

" That you definitely are Japanese." He chuckled pointing at my California Maki. I glared at him and he laughed so hard.

" You stupid!!" I threw my chopsticks at him. He just laughed again.