Kidnapped

Meryl's POV

" Stop interrogating me like a cop, Mom. I was with Laura." I said to her.

Well, after we had breakfast more like he blackmailed me to have it he wanted to drop me at home but I couldn't come home like that. Mom would have had my head thinking that I have slept with some random person. So I insist him to leave me at Laura's place so that I can get changed and come back home decently and save my head. Otherwise it will be a great problem to explain to Mom. She wouldn't be convinced that easily. I know my mom. She can't be fooled easily. She is very clever. So, I needed to look decent when I come back home in the morning.

But when Mom's problem was solved there came another problem it was my girl Laura. Laura is her nickname. She had an ocean of questions ready for me. Most of them were stupid but I didn't mind because she was worried for me. I didn't mind when she shouted at me for being a stupid. I just chuckled. She is such a whiny girl!!! I pity the person going to be her partner. He has too suffer with the high pitch of her voice. Laura is Laura. You can say she is my the closest friend of mine. We were only 17 students left in the class after that accident. And it brought us so close after we lost most of our friends. I literally remember all of them. Lisa, Tia, Camellia, Greta, Norman, Charles, Rita, Ernest, Portia, Oliver, Tylor many others. I can't forget their faces. The time we had together. It took a long time for me to get out of this shock. Even I myself was almost dead. But I somehow could make it. I don't know how. May be God had another plan for me. May God bless my friends with entire happiness and the reward they deserve. They are in a better place.

" Then why did she say that you were not there with her when I called her first." Mom's voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I sipped my coffee lazily.

" Cause I wasn't there that time. She informed you when I reached there." I lied very professionally.

" Hmm.. why do I find it very hard to believe?!!" She said.

" Because you don't want to trust me. Easy, mom." I said.

" It's not like that, Anna." She said.

" It's my birthday, Mom." I said.

" I do remember. I gave birth to you, baby." She said. I chuckled.

" I am 23, Mom." I said to her.

" So?" She said.

" So I am not a baby." I said.

" You are still my little baby." She said kissing on my forehead. I giggled and hugged her.

" I am still angry with Dad." I said as he was out of Australia and it's my birthday today.

" He tried a lot but it got messed." She said and I nodded.

" When is he coming back?" I asked her.

" Next week I guess." She said.

" Oh. Ok. We won't be able to meet then. I am going back the day after tomorrow." I said.

" He might go there to see you. Don't worry." She said and I nodded.

We talked for awhile then she left for office. But she promised that we will spend time together tomorrow. I sighed but I know Mom has to go to office for some works though it was weekend. There was a big event in a few days. She needs to take care of a lot of things. I can't make her stay with me at home now. I can understand that. It's a busy time for her. I was sitting on the balcony when my phone started to ring. It was my friend Maira.

" Hello." I said.

" F*ck you." Her first word made me sigh deeply.

" I am fine." I said.

" Who is worried about you?" She asked.

" Then why are you calling me?" I asked her.

" Come to my place. Come fast. Don't be late, stupid." She said and I chuckled.

" Be creative. Every time you guys plan the same thing and it's boring." I said.

" Just come." She said and hung up.

I sighed and went to my room. I wore a comfortable dress. It was cold outside. I wore all black to keep myself warm.

I knew they arranged a surprise birthday party for me

I knew they arranged a surprise birthday party for me. They do it all the time. The same thing every time. But still it is not boring. We kinda found comfort in it. I was coming out of the house and I found my brother was calling me on Skype. I picked up immediately.

" Hello, Bro." I said as I saw all of them smilingly looking at me.

" Happy birthday, cherry." I chuckled listening them.

" Thank. Ummmmmmmaaaaaahhhhhhhhh." I air kissed them.

" Happy birthday, Cheryl." I heard Eugene. I rolled my eyes.

" Happy birthday, Cheryl." Both of the little kid followed him. I sighed.

" Thanks kids." I said.

" Where are you going?" Bro asked.

" Going to Maira's place." I said.

" Birthday party?" Nemo asked.

" Yes." I said.

" Ask for a gift, Cherry. You can ask for anything you want." Bro said and I laughed.

" I want a blue whale." I said.

" What will you do with a blue whale?!" He asked me.

" I was joking." I said.

" I know." He replied. " Ask for something then. For real."

" Leave it, Bro." I said.

" Why?" He asked me.

" It's complicated." I said.

" Let's talk about it tonight." He said and I nodded. " And don't go to a bar and get drunk again." He said. My eyes widened.

" How do you know?" I asked him.

" I have my eyes on you all the time, Cherry. Be careful." He said and I nodded weakly.

" I will. I am sorry." I said.

" Just don't be reckless again." He said.

" I won't. I promise." I said and he nodded.

" Happy birthday again. Let's talk tonight." He said and I nodded before ending the call.

I reached Maira's place and as expected it was a surprise party for me. Common party as always but still I enjoyed it a lot that my friends found out time for me even from their busy schedules. In the evening I decided to come back home. Maira's place was two block away from mine. So I decided to walk back home. I was walking back home when I felt someone is following me. I kept walking fast but didn't look back.

" Ms. Hill?" Someone called me from back but I didn't turn. My brain was screaming to make me run but I was frozen when I found two huge guy standing in front of me. The next thing I know they drag me to the car standing a few feet away from me and shoved me inside.