Chapter 17 - Two In One.

Start from the beginning

My breathing was heavy as my heart pounded ferociously against my chest. It really didn't help when Tequan started banging against the door, causing me to yet out a yelp and move away from the door.

"Destiny open this damn door!" He growled, still banging on the door.

"No!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face. "Go away!"

The banging stop and for a minute I thought he had listened to me, that is until he began to speak. "I just want to talk baby. Please. I'm sorry alright? Just please come out and talk to me." He pleaded. He sounded so broken, like he was going to cry any minute, but that still didn't make me open the door.

I'm not that much of a fool.

"No!" I screamed through tears. "I fucking hate this feeling with a passion, Tequan. I hate being scared of you. I hate being scared to come in my own home. I hate having to lie to my loved ones. And most importantly, I hate you for putting your hands on me! You're my fiance', you're supposed to love me and that's not love!"

Even though Tequan had only hit me once, it felt like he had been hitting me for a lifetime. Just one hit had me scared of him, scared of when he might blow up next. 

I hated this feeling.

I feel so helpless, so pathetic. 

Any smart girl would just up and leave, but that's hard to do when you're in love with someone. 

It makes it that much harder to deal with.

I can't believe the person I love and who is supposed to love me back, had slapped me. I understand he was mad, and drunk, and hurt at what he saw, but was that an excuse to hit me?

On one hand, Tequan has been going through so much with his grandma and me stressing him about cheating. But was that enough to drive him over the edge?

"I know baby and I hate myself for making you feel that way." Tequan said. "But please open the door so we can talk about this. Please."

Maybe it was the tone of his voice or the fact he was beating himself up about this, but it made me open the door.

Tequan was standing there, eyes rimmed with tears. He looked as if someone just ran over his brand new puppy and that look on his face broke my heart into pieces.

"I'm so sorry, Destiny. You have no idea how much I hate myself for ever harming you. I understand if you walk out the door and never look back. I understand completely."

I hate to admit, but I was debating on whether or not to do just that.

I do believe that Tequan has been stressed because he has been drinking, something I've never seen him do in the whole three years of our relationship. But what was he so stressed about? Was it really his grandmother's death or was it me nagging him?

But then I believe that he did it because of his short temper. Tequan's always had a temper but it has never been directed towards me. I've seen him arguing with other guys and it always surprised me how fast Tequan was quick to punch the guy in the face.

The debate in my head seemed to go on forever. The rights, the wrongs, everything.

But then I made my decision.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped to Tequan and wrapped my hands around his neck.

"I'm not going anywhere." I told him, looking him directly in the eyes.

His whole face lit up and before I knew what was happening, Tequan caught my lips with his and we were in a passionate kiss.