Slow (+ new book sneak peek)

Heyyyy I'm alive. So, I haven't updated this book because I'm working on something else that I'm sure you'll all like uwu it's a Solangelo book, and I'm actually writing out all the chapters so I can make sure there's no plot holes Oof. I'm happy with how it's turning out so far, usually when I write books I rush things and my writing skills fly out the window, but I'm really trying with this one and I'm really proud of it so pls don't hate me thanks <3

That being said, I am going to post the first chapter on the end of this chapter (the first chapter is really short), just to give you guys a little taste because I'm hopefully going to be able to put it up soon and I hope you guys are as excited as I am, if not just tell me you are, thanks

———

Nico liked to take things slow.

He liked nice, slow walks with his boyfriend. He liked calming, slow music. And he liked reading things slowly, so he could soak in all the details.

He just liked things to go slow, and it's because he likes to have time to think about things, to think through his options.

Which is why he liked taking things slow in relationships. His previous boyfriends obviously didn't like that, they soon got frustrated and angry, and they usually ended pretty badly.

Will was different though, he was patient. They had been dating an entire year, and he seems perfectly fine with only holding his hand and small, short hugs.

Nico was happy that Will was okay with this. He was glad to have finally found someone understanding.

He knew he wanted to kiss Will soon, though, he felt like he was ready.

Though he didn't expect for Will to make the move, one day.

It was after they had went on a date. Will had walked Nico up to his door, and Nico turned to give him a warm smile.

Will smiled back, grabbing Nico's hand, which made Nico's heart flutter. Then, he started leaning in, his eyes closing while Nico's eyes widen. Nico gasped, putting his free hand over his mouth and turning away.

Will pursed his lips, drawing back and putting his free hand on the back of his neck as his face turns red. Nico frowned down at the concrete, awkwardly pulling his hand from Will's and hugging it around his own waist.

"Uh, I'm sorry I thought-"

"No, you're fine I-" Nico swallowed thickly, wiping his palms on his thighs, "It's okay." Will nodded, and there was a stretch of awkward silence for a second, neither sure what to say.

"Uh, g-goodnight, Will," Nico says, not looking at him.

"Yeah," Will said, then, "goodnight." Nico awkwardly nods, then opens the door. With one last glance at Will, he closes the door behind him.

He lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding, and puts his hands over his face. He takes a deep breath, looking up at the ceiling.

He wondered if Will would be mad at him now.

It was stressful though, and he knew he needed to kiss Will soon or he'll lose him, as he did with his other boyfriends. And he didn't want to lose Will, he's been with Will the longest, and he cared more deeply about him than his exes. The longer he was with Will, the more and more he learned about him, and the more he liked him.

He wondered idly if Will felt the same, but pushed that from his mind because that wasn't what he was worried about.

Nico took a deep breath, running a hand through his hair. Will was going to get tired of him, tired of waiting, like everyone else. He was going to break up with Nico because Nico couldn't fucking get over himself and just kiss him.