The gift

A collab I did with SolangeloDemigod

———

Will had been avoiding Nico for at least a week, and Nico isn't really sure why. He thought they had a relatively good bond, that Will liked being around him.

It was annoying, but it was also upsetting.

If Will didn't like him, why didn't he just say something? Why didn't he tell Nico the truth? That would hurt a lot less then him blantly walking away when ever he saw Nico enter a room.

Not knowing was the thing driving Nico insane. If he knew what was upsetting Will, he could do something about it. Was it his looks? How sarcastic he normally is? The playful insults he would throw at Will from time to time? Because he could change those things. He couldn't change what he didn't know.

He was debating whether he should ask or give up on Will entirely. If the blonde didn't want to be around him, why should Nico hurt himself trying to get his attention?

Because you like him, a voice in the back of his mind reminded. And it wasn't a lie. He had developed a crush on the blonde. Making this silent treatment all the more painful.

Nico tried though, he tries ignoring Will, tries not giving him a second look in their classes together, and tries to not constantly wonder why Will doesn't give two shits about him anymore. But it's hard.

Because now that he knows that he cares about Will more than Will cares about him, all he wants to do is cry when he sees him and so much as thinks about him, and recently, Will is the only thing he can think about. He can't help the dark thoughts hovering in the back of his mind, and it's tiring. He wants to talk to Will, he really wants to, but he's scared of the answers he'll get. He really doesn't want to lose his friendship with Will, and he figures he should at least try to save what little they have left.

So, he goes to his other friends, Percy and Jason, for advice.

"Sorry man, I don't know," Percy shrugged, yet his voice clearly wasn't genuine. The green eyed boy seemed a bit antsy, Jason having to shoot him looks every so often as if to try and keep him in line.

"Yeah, maybe he's just having an off day," Jason suggested, a nervous smile covering his features.

"An off day? More like an off week," Nico sighed and shook his head. "Nevermind.."

"Maybe you should, like, talk to him," Percy said, his voice going up at the end as if he were asking a question, and Nico scoffed.

"Yeah, I would if he gave me the time of day," he grumbled, standing up and picking his bag, "you guys are no help, but thanks anyway." He leaves the lunch room, ignoring the smiles he gets from Percy and Jason, and goes to the library, planning on distracting himself by reading.

———

Finally, Nico had enough. Enough of the silence. Enough of being constantly ignored as if he didn't exist. He had become so used to that before he met Will, but not anymore. Will had taught Nico he didn't deserve to be ignored or treated like he didn't matter and he shouldn't let anyone get away with that. Not even Will himself.

The weirdest thing is, Will texted Nico first. He asked if Nico could come over. Nico didn't know what to do. Why was Will suddenly paying attention to him? Was this all a misunderstanding? Was he going to explain why he was ignoring him? Nico wasn't sure. But he was determind to confront Will on his behaviour, and agreed to show up at his house.

And when he did get to Will's house, he had a whole speech prepared that he highly doubted he would use. He marched up the steps and knocked on the door, his arms crossed as he waited. And, surprisingly, was found that he felt completely furious by Will's smiling face, bright and excited, as he answered the door.