Notes

Prompt # 14 -  'You hate Mondays, so every Monday I slip an anonymous love letter in your bag and your smile gets me through the week.'

📝  📝  📝  📝  📝  📝  📝  📝

For the first three weeks (only on Monday's) it was simply a smiley face drawn on a sticky note stuck to his locker.

But then, the next four weeks, it was a small note slipped into his locker.

"Have a fabulous week :)"

"You have a cute voice, and your simply adorable as it is :)"

"Laugh more, I like it when you do :)"

"You look wonderfully stunning as always :)"

The notes always brought a soft sort of smile to Nico's face, and his friends teased his mercilessly when he gently folded the notes and stuck them in one of his binders with care, even the simple smiley faces during the first few weeks.

Then, the notes started appearing in his bag, which he had no idea how the mystery person achieved. Either mystery person was just really sneaky, or Nico was just really not conscious of his items.

Still, despite the fact that someone could easily take stuff from his bag, he was happy about the notes he got every Monday.

It made him eager to get to school on Sundays, and excited for the letter on Mondays.

And, he admits, he has his hopes on who the mystery person is.

Because he may or may not had been admiring Will Solace since the first day of high school.

Nico's most proud moment is probably one time in science when he asked Will to be his partner on a project they were doing. That resulted in them becoming semi friends but also kind of not friends. They have conversations every now and then, but they don't hang out outside of school, and it's not like they text twenty-four seven, Nico doesn't even have Will's number, but they do occasionally Snapchat, mostly things saying 'streaks' or a random video or picture of their pets.

All in all, though, through those short chats and cats in dresses (don't ask), Nico's come to grow a strong liking for Will.

But, sadly, the mystery person is probably not him. Because Will was most likely straight and most likely had a girlfriend. Because Will was simply perfect that way.

His friends say there is a possibility that it could be Will, but when they voice said possibilities, they don't seem to be convincing them selves either (A+ for effort though).

Walking into his science class, he found the note on top of his desk today. He slowly unfolded the letter, a soft smile dancing on his lips, and read the note.

"I'm really glad you're in my life <3"

He blushed, smiled a bit wider, and carefully put the note in his binder.

He didn't know if he even wanted to find out who this mysterious admirer was, because it may turn out to be some poor, unsuspecting girl crushing on a gay guy.

And Nico could definitely say it was terrible crushing on some one who had no possibility of being attracted to you.

With a slightly unhappy sigh, he pulled his notes out and began studying.

————

The next Monday, Nico was surprised to see three black roses taped to his locker.