Misunderstanding (2)

Guyssss thanks for 203 follower and 19k reads ♥️

Here's part 2 and I kind of don't like the way it turned out. . . But it's also extra long because you guys liked the last one being long. . . And I didn't want to make another chapter. . .

———

Nico cries for a long time, glad that he has no one coming to his cabin after dinner, but it also made him feel strangely lonely. He didn't realize how much he appreciated Will being for him when he was upset and needed someone to make him feel wanted and loved.

But it's gone back to how it used to be. He cries, and soon, he's falling asleep comfortably under the covers.

------

When he wakes up, he sighs, then pouts. He rolls over and stares at his wall.

He wonders how long Will has thought of breaking up with him. He wonders why he didn't break up with Nico sooner instead of letting him get to the point of falling in love with Will. Nico feels himself getting misty-eyed.

What had he done wrong? Was it just him in general? Was he boring Will? Nico pushed the palm of his hands to his eyes to keep the tears from falling. He didn't know what he'd do without Will. Will was his happiness, and he saw no reason to be without him by his side. His life simply had no purpose without Will.

Nico let's out a sob. Gods was he pathetic. Nico takes a deep breath, squeezing his eyes shut to stop himself from crying.

He sits up, taking a few more deep breaths to calm himself. Sniffling, he stands up and gets dressed. When he's done getting dressed, he sits back down on his bed, picking at the rips at his knees.

He contemplates what he should do for the day, since he usually goes to the infirmary and helps, and if he isn't doing that, he's doing random camp activities with Will, or Will and him would just hang out in the Hades' cabin.

Nico sighs and falls back on his bed. He wonders if he should leave camp. One of the only reasons he stayed in the first place was because of Will, and it seems he's fucked that up already.

Nico bites on his lip. Crying isn't an option.

Deciding that he doesn't have anything better to do, he rolls up under the blankets and falls asleep.

------

Jason comes barging into his cabin about an hour later, declaring that Nico is going to practice with him in the arena. Nico groans, rubbing his face after he stretches.

Jason grabs his blankets and pulls them off of Nico when he curls back under them, making Nico gives a more annoyed and louder groan.

He knew eventually one of his friends would force him to get up, but that didn't mean he wanted it to be so soon.

"Jason," he whined.

"I'm not letting you wallow over some guy, Nico, so you're sparring with me whether you like it or not." Nico pouts, huffing as he glared at the ceiling.

"Look," Jason said, sitting down besides him on the bed, "Just because Will broke up with you doesn't mean you can't do stuff, you still have friends that you can hang out with. It's Will who's missing out, because you're a great person and if he doesn't see that, it's his fault. There is guaranteed to be someone else that will make you happier than Will ever did, Nico-"

"Stop," Nico said, putting his face over his face, "I don't- just stop."

"If you talk about it, it'll make it better, Nico."

"I don't want to talk about it," Nico said, "it hurts, and I don't want to talk about it right now," he whines, "I just want to go to sleep, please."