Children

I don't know how adoption works so this is probably wrong, and I'm sorry.
———
Nico always wanted to start a family.

He always thought he wouldn't get a chance to, considering he was gay and a demigod, he just assumed he would die before he could.

But now, as Will and Nico are coming close to their second year of being married, he honestly couldn't stop thinking about it. And so-

"What do you think about children?" Nico asked, playing with Will's hands, twisting the ring on his finger.

The two were sitting on the couch, a blanket thrown haphazardly across their legs as they snuggled close together, Nico's head laying on Will's shoulder as the movie flashed across the screen of their television.

Will hummed, dropping his head on top of Nico's.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, do you want kids?"

"Oh, yeah, definitely," he spoke softly, and Nico smiled, intertwining their fingers, "do you want kids?"

"Yeah," he replied, "seeing Hazel pregnant and Annabeth- it just makes me want to start my own family, you know?"

"Yeah," Will squeezed Nico's hand, smiling brightly, "I've wanted to have children for a while, actually, I just wasn't sure how you would react." Nico frowns.

"What do you mean? Did you think I didn't want to have children with you?"

"I guess? I just wasn't sure if you'd be comfortable with it," Nico frowns, once again playing with Will's fingers, "and I honestly don't mean that in a rude way, please don't think I'm trying to be mean, and if you want to have children- I would love to have a child with you." Nico smiled, trying to cuddle closer to Will.

"Really?" Will let out a small laugh.

"Really," he squeezed Nico's hand again. Nico giggles, bringing his unoccupied hand up to cover his face, and Will lifts his head to press a kiss to Nico's.

"How would we have a child, though?" Nico asked quietly, Will hummed.

"We could always adopt, or maybe get a surrogate."

"What's that?"

"A surrogate?" Nico nodded the best he could with his head on Will's shoulder, "it's- Well first of all we would choose someone who we want to carry a child for us, and then one of us would get her pregnant and when the child is born, we would have custody of him or her."

Nico frowns, lifting his head to look at Will.

"I- I don't think I like that. By get her pregnant you mean, like, you know?" He blushed slightly, frowning.

"Oh, no. No, one of us would- you know," he put his hand in a circle, like he was holding a can, and made a jerking motion. Nico raised an eyebrow at him, and Will's cheeks flushed, "we'd go somewhere, I don't know what it's called, and one of us would, like, give them sperm, and they would put that in the person we choose to carry our child."

Nico hummed, resting his head back on Will's shoulder.

"I don't think I like that very much. I feel like one of us would be left out," Will shrugs, making Nico giggle as his head lifts up.

"We could always adopt," Will says, kisssing the top of his head again. Nico nodds.

"I think we should do that."

"Yeah?" Will asked, one of his arms weaving around to wrap around his waist. Nico nodded, sighing contently.

———