Coming Out (3)

Um, I'm still working on part two for Misunderstanding.

Also this is, like, my longest chapter yet because I got carried away. . .

There is a brief mention of self harm in this chapter, so please read with caution if this could upset you. I love all my readers and I want you all to be okay and happy <3

------

The meeting went relatively well. And as soon as it was over, when all the guests were gone, Hades' smile was gone as well. He regarded Nico with a look before walking upstairs, either to his study or to his room.

Nico looks down at the table, drumming his fingers against the chair he stood behind, biting his lip.

He wonders idly how Hades would feel if he just disappeared. If he just left or-

He coughs. He doesn't want to think about it because he knows Hades wouldn't give two shits if anything happened to him.

Nico sighs, fisting his hands into his jeans as he goes upstairs to his room.

———

Nico grabs his phone after taking a quick shower and sits on his bed.

He texts Will and the response is immediate.

'Are you okay? I texted you a billion times and you didn't respond, Neeks. Do you know how worried I was? I still am. Are you okay?'

Nico smiles.

Will is amazing.

'I'm fine. You know how my father is with these dinner things. I'm not allowed to have my phone with me at the table, I left it upstairs. Sorry.'

'Are you sure you're okay? What did you dad say?'

Nico bit his lip as his fingers hovered over the keyboard. His father hadn't said anything to him. He's convinced that Hades hates him, and Hades knows that, but Hades hadn't said anything. He hasn't confirmed that he hates Nico, but he hasn't denied it either.

Nico groans, dropping his phone onto the bed and putting the palms of his hands onto his eyes. He didn't want to start crying right now. Nico takes a deep shaky breath.

His phone rings, and he picks it up.

"Neeks?" Will asks softly.

"He didn't say anything," Nico mutters. His lips quivers and he wipes at his eyes, sniffling, "and I- I did something bad." There's no response for a second, but then he hears a sigh.

The sigh alone crushes Nico's heart, and he lets out a small sob.

"I'm sorry," he says, feeling like he's disappointed Will- which he has. He knows he has, "I'm sorry."

"How bad?" Will mumbled.

"I'm sorry," Nico sobs again. Will takes a deep breath.

"I'm coming over," he states. Nico's eyes widened, and he shakes his head even though Will can't see him.

"You can't," Nico breaths, and he starts feeling a little panicked, "Will, you can't."

"Nico," Will says, "I'll be quiet. I'll climb through your window, and I won't stay for long. Please, Nico." A weird, panicked sound comes out of the back of Nico's throat, and he anxiously curls his hand in his shorts. "Please?" Will asks again.

"Okay," Nico says quietly after a second, "you can't park in our driveway, though. Hades will see it and he'll get angry."

"Okay, I won't park there. Just give me a second to get dressed and I'll be on my way. I'll text you when I get there," Nico nods, then says a quick okay.