Trans Positivity Week - Wednesday - Transitioning

(this one doesn't fit into the last two chapters, but I hope you enjoy, it was a lot of fun to make and I'm pretty sure it's my favorite so far).

------

Nico Di Angelo was twenty two when he started Testosterone supplements.

He was living with Will at the time, and he was so excited.

His father had been beyond proud of him, and Will was always asking if there were any differences yet. Nico knew it would take time, Will knew it would take time, but with each passing day he was getting more and more impatient.

And finally, finally. . .

He woke up Friday morning, and yawned. He he had a long night at work the day before. He was kind of surprised to be awake so early, but he didn't mind, considering he got to see Will's sleeping face beside him.

He pressed a quick kiss to Will's chin, then pushed the blankets off of him, rolling out of bed. He yawned again and stretched his arms above his head, only stopping when he heard his back give a satisfying pop. He smiled sleepily, and walked to the bathroom.

He uses the bathroom and goes to wash his hands. He starts his morning routine, brushing his teeth, combing his hair, then he goes to wash his face.

He blindly reaches into the shower, grabbing the bottle of neutrogena acne soap (he likes his face smooth, don't judge) and lets the water run in the sink. He wets his hands first, the gets two squirts of soap, rubbing it in his hands before putting it on his forehead.

He moves from his forehead to his temples, then to the bridge of his nose, then-

He frowns as he feels his cheeks, but then his eyes widen.

Holy Shit.

He freezes for a second, then he smiles so blindingly bright. He takes a deep breath, closing his eyes as he continues to wash his face, unable to bite back a smile as he touches his chin.

He rinses off his face, then grabs the towel to dry it off.

His eyes examine his face in the mirror. He feels like he should start jumping, like he should start screaming at the top of his lungs, like he should dance because he is just so goddamn happy.

He runs his over his cheeks, his chin, and he laughs.

"Will!" He all but shouts, eyes drinking the imagine of the small stubble forming on his face.

When he doesn't get an immediate response, he runs back to their room. He jumps onto Will who was still sound asleep. He smiles as Will jumps into a sitting position with wide eyes, looking up at Nico, who's settled into his lap.

Will sighs, then flops back down, his eyes closing, not seeming to notice Nico's unobtainable excitement as he rubs his eyes sleepily.

"What?" He asks, voice husky and he yawns.

"Give me your hand," Nico says impatiently, and laughs at the confusion on Will's face. He gives him his hand, though, Nico guides it to his face.

He rubs Will's hand over the prickly little hairs sprouting from his cheek, and it takes Will a second to register what it is. When he does though, he gasps, his eyes going wide as he takes his other hand and puts it to Nico's face, making Nico laugh.

"Holy shit, Neeks!" He laughs, pulling his face in to, oddly enough, rub it against his own face.

Nico doesn't complain.

------

At work, Nico can't help but feel happy as people comment on his unshaven face. He has to bite back a smile and laugh each time someone says anything, telling him it looks good.