Coming Out (4)

Wow another update so soon?

Anyway so now that's it's finally been about a billion years, I decided I should finish this chapter. Part two of Airport should be done soon, hopefully, there's just this one part and I'm not 100% sure on how I should continue, but I have a couple ideas.

———

Nico jumps when his phone starts ringing. He knows it's Will, because that's the only person who ever calls him, and he sighs, picking the phone up.

"Hey, Sugar Cookie," Will coos as soon as he answers.

"Oh my gods, Solace, that's a terrible name," Nico says into his pillow, but he's smiling none the less. Will hums.

"We were thinking about having the picnic around noon, and we're going to the park that's not too far from here. We'll pick you up if you want us to," Will says, and Nico purses his lips.

"I actually don't think I can make it today."

"What? Why?" Will asks, sounding whiny, and Nico can hear him pouting. Nico sighs, shifting so he's looking up at his ceiling.

"Me and my dad talked," he mumbled, and there was a pause.

"Was it a good talk? Or a bad talk?" Nico frowns up at the ceiling.

"I don't know," he decides after a minute, "he basically told me that he kind of hates that were dating but he isn't going to force us to stop seeing each other."

"That's- That's good, right?"

"I guess? I mean, I'm glad that he's letting me date you and everything but I don't really like that he's never going to like me dating you. This may sound really weird, okay, and you aren't allowed to judge me-"

"Wouldn't even think of judging you, babe."

"-but I want to be able to hold your hand, and hug you, and kiss you in front of my dad without him getting uncomfortable. Like, we'll be cuddling on the couch and you'll kiss me every now and then and your mom will be in her recliner and she's totally okay with us doing that in front of her, and I want my dad to be that way," he lets out a puff of air, mumbles, "I know that isn't ever going to happen though."

"At least he's trying," Will mumbled.

"He's not trying hard enough," Nico grumbled.

"Nico," Will said, like a parent scolding a child. Nico groaned, turning on his side and bringing one of the stuffed animals on his bed to his chest.

"Sorry," he mumbled in response.

"He trying," Will tried again, "give him a chance, Neeks. Everyone deserves a chance to prove them self."

"He already had a chance," Nico replies, "he kind of fucked that up, Will."

"Okay, well everyone deserves a second chance," Nico's lips purse, and he groans after a second.

"I hate it when you're right," Will laughs.

"I know, I'm amazing."

"When did you get all smart anyway? How is that fair?"

"You love it," Will says, and Nico groans, "Can I come over? Is that okay?" Nico purses his lips. His dad had said that he didn't mind Will coming over and that he wanted to meet Will, but Nico wasn't really sure how he would react.

"I- I don't know," Nico mumbles, scrunching his hand into his shorts, "I mean, my dad said he didn't mind if you came over and that he wanted to meet you, but do you think that's true? Or do you think he said that to get me to stop crying."

"I'm sure he meant it, Neeks."

"Do you think it's too soon, though? Like, he said that today. Literally, like, fifteen minutes ago," Will sighed in response.

"You're over thinking this."

"No, I'm not," Nico whined.

"You are," Will deadpanned, Nico sighed.

"Should I ask him?" Nico asked instead.

"Yeah, why not?" Will replies and Nico lets out a whine.

"Okay, hold on for a second," Will hummed, and Nico stood up.

He held his phone to his chest as he walked towards Hades' study, hesitantly opening the door. Hades looks up at him, and Nico takes a deep breath.

"Is it okay if Will comes over?" He asks quietly. Hades simply nods, then Nico nods. He puts his phone to his ear as he retreats back to his room. He tells Will it's okay once he's sitting on his bed, and he can feel Will's smile as he says he'll be there as soon as he can.

Nico takes a deep breath once he hangs up. He doesn't know how much he wants Hades and Will meeting, but he supposes it's better to just go ahead and get it out of the way. He goes through a few different apps to distract himself and to pass time as he waits for Will.

He only goes downstairs when he hears knocking on the door, and when he steps out of his room, he sees Hades stepping out of his office as well. He bites his lip, curling his hand into his shorts as they make their way downstairs.

Hades stands off to the side as Nico opens the door. When Will sees Nico, he smiles blindingly bright and wraps his arms around him. Nico laughs, wrapping his arms around Will, and in response Will smiles into his hair. Nico's smile only dims when he remembers Hades standing off to the side.

Nico clears his throat, pulling back. Will pulls back as well, and when Nico glances at Hades, he sees him looking in the other direction, his jaw tight. Nico frowns, and Will seems to sober as he clears his throat and his smile becoming smaller.

"Uh, dad this is Will, Will this is my dad, Hades," Nico awkwardly introduces.

"You may call me Mr. Di Angelo," Hades says, looking over at Will. Nico purses his lips, but Will doesn't seem phased as he smiles.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Di Angelo," He sticks his hand out, offering it to Hades to shake. He awkwardly puts it down when Hades only stares at it, and he glances at Nico, his smile dimming again. Nico sighs, giving his dad a look.

Hades shifts, sticking his hand out. Will grabs it, and Hades visibly cringes when he does. After they've shaken hands, Hades not so subtly wipes is palm on his pants, making Will frown.

"Okay," Nico says after the awkward exchange, "we're going up to my room." He grabs Will's hand, dragging him up the stairs. He figures it could have gone worse, but Hades didn't have to be rude.

Nico closes the door, sighing and flopping onto his bed.

"I'm sorry about him," he says, and Will sits next to him, putting a hand on his back.

"It's okay," he says, "I didn't really expect him to like me, honestly. I didn't expect him to wipe his hand on his pants either." Nico groans, rolling over and burying his face in the side of Will's thigh.

"He's trying," Nico whispers, mostly to himself. Will hums, and he moves so he's laying down next to Nico, their faces inches apart.

"Everything is going to work out." He states quietly, putting a hand to the side of Nico's cheek, his thumb stroking his cheek soothingly.

"I just want him to be okay with this," Nico murmurs.

"He will, eventually. It's going to take some time," Will says, voice soft, and Nico closes his eyes, taking a deep breath. Will's smiles, leaning forward and pressing a gentle kiss to his lips.

------

Wow okay I'm dOnE WItH ThIs AU

Anyway, I'm getting shit DONE the next chapter is (probably) going to be part two to Airport.

(1283)