Misunderstanding

Okay, so I'm posting this one and not the requests because I have an announcement and this was a finished chapter in my draft.

I got a Snapchat you guys can follow if you want to, it's gay_weefee only because I don't know what I'd got an Instagram.

I want to do a thing where there are multiple members of an Instagram account but idk who would want to join. Anyway, the requests are coming soon <3
———
It happened one day when Nico and Will sat in the front of the television of the big house, playing random games and joking and laughing. Will was winning, but Nico couldn't really find it in himself to care.

He kept looking over at Will every now and then, smiling when his face lit up and laughing when Will lost, cursing the game out only to play another round. He was really glad Will was in his life. Will made him happy, and he could only hope he made Will happy in return.

He pressed pause on his own controller, and Will looked over at him with raised brows and a faint smile.

"Giving up, Di Angelo?" he teased. Nico turned so he was facing Will and placed his hand on his jaw, turning his face so he could lean forward and kiss him. Will made a noise of surprise in the back of his throat, but didn't hesitate to kiss Nico back. It was a lasting kiss, not to long but not to short, and it was sweet and soft.

When they pulled back, Will was smiling, but frowned when he saw Nico's frown.

"What's wrong?" Will asked hesitantly, feeling anxiety settle in his gut.

"Will," Nico mumbled seriously, making Will worry more, and he couldn't help but think that Nico was going to break up with him. He looked worried himself, scared, and kind of pained, how could he not think Nico was going to break up with him?

"Will, I-"

"Stop" Will says quickly, not thinking, "I- I don't want this."

"W-What? What do you mean."

"I mean I don't want this. I don't- I don't want you. I don't want to be with you." Nico blinks, his brows drawing together as he searches Will's face.

"Are- Are you breaking-"

"Yes," Will deadpans, and Nico can feel his face form a small pout.

He also feels his mouth go dry at the words, and his heart drops, and he feels like everything around him crumbles. He feels himself swallow thickly as he looks away from Will's gaze, down to his lap.

Did this mean Will knew what he was going to say? Did he not feel the same? Was it just to soon? Had Will thought of breaking up with Nico sooner?

The one person Nico truly loved, and he was gone, just like that.

This isn't like Percy, it's so much more. It's so much more real and amazing and he loves Will. He stands up, startling Will, and mutters that he's going to his cabin. He can feel Will's gaze on his back, and he doesn't think he can make it to his cabin without breaking down, so he shadow travels there when he makes it through the door.

When he's in his cabin, he falls to he falls to the floor, weak after using his powers, but not really caring as he lets out heart wrenching sobs.

------

The next day, he wakes up to someone knocking on his door, and when he turns he sees blonde hair and blue eyes, and for a second, he thinks it's Will. He's disappointed when he sees it's just Jason though, and then he's mad at himself for being disappointed. He huffs, rolls back over so his back is to Jason.

"What do you want?" Nico mutters.

"It's one in the afternoon," he says, and there's a hint of annoyance in his voice, "why are you still in bed?"

"Who cares?" Nico replies. He hears Jason walking over, the door shutting behind him.

"Me? Your friends? Your boyfriend? I'm sure Will would be mad if he knew you were still in bed," Nico doesn't say anything, mostly because he can feel his bottom lip quivering at the mention of Will and he doesn't really trust his voice.

"What's wrong, Nico?" he asks, "Why can't you just talk to someone when you feel upset?"

"Because," Nico says angrily, "It's none of your business. You guys aren't my family no matter how much you say you are. You're just an annoying asshole who butted himself in my life." He sniffs, wiping at his eyes before the tears they fell. Jason sighs.

"I know you don't mean that," he says, "Listen I understand if you don't want to talk to me about your problems. But can you please talk to someone? It would make you feel a lot better, Nico, I promise. I'll get Will if you want me to." Nico shakes his head, turning so he's looking up at the ceiling and putting his hands to his face, so Jason won't be able to see him, "You need to talk to someone, Nico."

"I know," Nico whines, and he isn't able to stop the sob from escaping his lips, then, quietly, he mutters, "Will broke up with me." And he starts crying again, sitting up and burying his face in his blankets. He feels Jason's arms wrap around him, and he doesn't say anything, instead turning to cry into his shoulder.

"Nico," Jason tries.

"I love him, Jason." He whines, and Jason hugs him a bit tighter.

"It's going to be okay, Nico," he says, and Nico huffs, pulling away and trying to get his emotions in check.

He was being stupid. He knew Will would get bored of him someday, he knew they weren't going to last. He just didn't expect it to end so soon, so sudden.

"It hurts," Nico whimpers, "I want him to love me back."

------

Jason walked with Nico to dinner, and Percy, Annabeth, Piper and Jason sit with him at the Hades' table. No one asks why he looks so upset, no one asks why he's not sitting with Will, and he grateful, but he's also pretty sure that Jason told them what happened and it makes him sick to his stomach.

He picks at his food, he doesn't see Will in the pavillion, and it worries him a little because it isn't like Will to skip a meal. He frowns, he shouldn't care. Will wouldn't care if he skipped a meal. He bites his lip.

Is Will as upset as he is? Or does he just not care. He's the one that broke up with him, he's probably been over Nico for a while, right? Nico sighs, leaning his cheek on his hand. He barely listens to the conversation going on around his table, and he just wants to go back to bed so he can sleep. He zones out for a while, and he wonders how much longer he has to wait before he can leave.

A blonde mop of hair catches his attention, though. Will walks into the pavillion, holding some girl's hand and smiling and laughing. Nico feels his heart give a painful throb, and he frowns. Will and him make eye contact for a second, but Will quickly looks away, his smiling drooping only the tiniest bit.

Nico looks down at his plate, blinking rapidly as he sets his fork down.

"I'm going to my cabin," he mutters, standing up. His friends gives him a few looks, and he guesses they haven't seen Will. He walks to his cabin, ignoring the 'goodbye's he gets from around the table.

When he gets to his cabin, he feels himself starting to cry, and he doesn't try to stop it as he walks over and sits on the edge of his bed.

————

This is Unedited, follow my Snapchat gay_weefee

Don't worry, there will be a part two <3

(1335)