Girls (guys) Night

I don't know if I should be embarrassed about the amount of trans Nico stuff I have, but here's more.
———

Nico sat on the floor of his and Will's living room one night, Annabeth, Piper, and Hazel sitting with him, laughing.

This happened sometimes, where all the guys usually had work or something (Nico was never really sure, Will seemed to dodge the question on these types of nights, but he wasn't too concerned. He loved spending time with the girls and he knew Will wouldn't cheat, he loved Nico).

During these nights, Nico would invite the three girls of the group over, and they would watch sappy movies, gossip, paint their nails, and make face masks.

It was disgustingly stereotypical, but it was fun.

(He knew it was 'girly' but he never really thought much of it, his friends knew he was a guy, he knew he was a guy, why not enjoy it?)

Their conversations, on these nights, usually consisted of how stupid their boyfriends were but how much they loved them anyway (sometimes about slightly more mature things and it was fun and embarrassing but nice to fit in somewhere), or how that one bitch at work was such a fucking bitch today, or books they've read lately.

Though tonight, when Piper asked him why he didn't go with the guys, he was confused.

"What?" Was his response as he frowned, looking up from the toe nail he was painting.

"Why don't you go out with the guys?" She repeated, and Nico shook his head.

"No, like, what do you mean?" Piper frowned, looking at Annabeth ad Hazel.

"For guys night?" She said it like a question, and Nico glanced at the three of them.

"I- what? I didn't know they did a guys night? I assumed they were working or something," he trailed off, closing the bottle of nail polish with a frown. Piper glanced at Annabeth and Hazel with a confused look, and they both shrugged.

Nico wasn't sure he liked the idea of Will and the others keeping guy's night a secret from him.

After a second, he stood up, putting the bottle of nail polish in his hand in a bucket on the coffee table that was pushed off to the side.

"Are you okay?" Hazel asked, looking up at him and he nodded. He made his way to the bathroom, closing the door and taking a deep breath.

He washed off the face mask, then grabbing the bottle polish remover and cleaned his nails.

When he was done, he sat on the floor.

Why wouldn't they invite him? Why didn't they tell him? Was it because he was transgender? Did they not want him there because he wasn't really a guy?

Sighing, he stood up and went back out to the living room.

"Do you guys think we could cut the night short?" He mumbled softly, hoping to not sound to rude. But they nodded, quickly collecting their stuff and after wiping off their faces, they were soon leaving, wishing him a good night.

Closing the door, Nico pursed his lips, choosing to deal with the mess later an instead went to bed, falling asleep quickly.

———

He slowly blinks awake when he faintly hears the front door opening and closing, hears the soft shuffling of feet, a bag of some sort being dropped somewhere in the room, and a whispered-

"Neeks? You awake?"

Nico closes his eyes, pretending to be asleep, and opens them again when the feet walk past him and the door to the bathroom connected to their room clicks shut, the sound of the shower starting up.