Phones

I've been more active on my other book Abandoned Places, go check it out because you love me *finger guns*
———
The Hephaestus cabin had managed to make sutible phones for demigods a couple days ago, and Nico only got one a few hours ago. And now, Nico was sitting on his bed, frowning as Will tried (and failed, miserably) to explain how to use it and how it works.

After hours of just not getting it ("c'mon on, Nico, it's not that difficult!") he tossed his phone to the other bed across the room, and flopped on his own bed, crossing his arms and turning his back to Will, pouting.

Will laughed, rubbing a hand up and down Nico's back soothingly.

"You'll get it soon, Neeks," Nico huffed, turning to push Will's hand away before going back to staring at the wall.

"Don't laugh at me," he muttered, and Will frowned.

"Sweetheart, are you crying?" He asked quietly, and Nico rolled onto his back, gripping at his hair.

"No," he said, wiping at his watering eyes, "but It's just so frustrating. And I feel like an idiot, but I just don't understand." Will leaned down and placed a comforting kiss to his cheek, running a hand through his hair.

"It's going to be okay. Most of the people at camp have had some experience with technology, and you haven't had any, really. It's going to take a few days, but you'll get the hang of it eventually, I promise."

Nico looks like he doesn't believe him, and Will presses a kiss to his lips quickly.

"Here," he says, pulling out his own phone and unraveling his earbuds, "at least let's listen to music. It helps me when I feel upset, so maybe it'll help you," Will hands Nico one of the ear buds, and Nico looks at it in bewilderment until he sees Will put the other one into his ear, and then follows his lead.

Will hits shuffle, and the first song that comes up is You are my Sunshine by Johnny Cash.

When the first lyrics of 'you are my sunshine,' plays, Nico looks up at him with a smile.

"This is what you're singing all the time," Will smiles, leaning over and wrapping his arms around Nico.

Nico settles into Will's side, sighing softly in content. Will quietly hums along to the song, rubbing circles onto Nico's hip, where his hand was resting, and Nico soon finds himself drifting off.

———

When Nico wakes up, he's laying down, his head on top of Will's chest. He yawns, then smiles gently, letting his head fully rest back into Will's chest again.

He feels fingers start to slowly comb through his hair, and he closes his eyes.

"You up?" Will asks, and Nico hums, "I need to go soon, Kayla is going to need me in the infirmary." Nico whines in response, gripping at Will's shirt.

"Don't leave," Will smiles, wrapping an arm around Nico's waist, "I love you."

"I love you, too, but I need to go."

"Will," Nico looked up at him and pouted, "please stay with me." Will ran a hand through Nico's hair.

"I skipped my shift last time, Neeks, I can't do it again." Nico sighed, and rolled off of him.

"I'll bring you lunch," Nico murmured, his cheek squished against the bed as he looked at Will.

"Thanks," Will smiled brightly at Nico, pressing a kiss to his forehead before sitting up. He scooted to the edge of the bed, leaning over and putting one of his shoes on.