Part 22: Redeem

Casey got to school with her swollen face. She was crying so hard until the morning. Miranda and the girls did not asked her anything, like they never notice what happened to her. All they talk about is some hot boys and they did mentioned Tristan many times. All Casey was doing just nodded.

Casey saw Milly walking with her new boyfriend, the boy on the other day. This might be the first time Milly have a long lasting boyfriend. Usually, they will get clashed a few days later. The longest time she had in a relationship was a week. That is all because of Casey's help. Casey always be a middle person between Milly and all her boyfriends. Casey easily get jealous and have trust issue with all her boyfriends. She sometimes get mad for such a stupid reason. Due to that, she got clashed by her boyfriends.

"Mil, hey Mil." Casey tried to chase her and she almost pulled her hand. Milly turned her head back, looking at Casey. But she suddenly quickened her steps, dragging her boyfriend away. Pretending heard nothing.

"Mil!" Casey called her again, a bit yelled. She covered her mouth with her palm when everyone in the hallway looking at her once she yelled.

"Mil!" She yelled again but a bit low.

"What's that sound, eh?" Milly said to her boyfriend, pretending she heard nothing. Her boyfriend pointed to Casey that was behind them all along but Milly quickly grabbed his hand away, dragging him out somewhere else.

"What?" Casey finally stopped from chasing them because it is useless. She do not get it why Milly doing that to her, why did she suddenly changed?

Casey straight away get inside the class. She stares blankly at the clouds outside. All her thoughts messed up with her brothers and Milly.

"Cassandra Collins." Casey a bit startled once Mr. Barnes called her name to the class.

"You're a sister to Tristan and Dylan, right?"

What? Another question about them? Why are they always mentioning their names? Can everyone please just stop talking about them for a day? Casey thoughts.

"Yes?" Casey asked, still not understand why suddenly Mr. Barnes called her. She knows it is not just about her brothers.

"In spite I warned you to stop persuading me, you resubmit your assessment. Which is I don't know what's wrong with you whether you are dumb or too smart. But, congratulations. Your research essay is the most relevant and the best than the others. Might be the best that I have read in my entire life." Mr. Barnes said. Everyone is staring at her. Some of them looking with amazement but some looking with jealousy. The most obvious one with jealousy is Milly. She smashed her palms on her table, her books almost fell off and everyone in the class turned their heads to Milly this time.

Milly pretends to sleep. She put her head down on a table. Why on earth she is doing that? She looks dumb.

"No sleeping in class." Mr. Barnessaid. Milly quickly lifted up her head. Her face is pale, as a result ofjealousy and as a result of feeling embarrassed with her stupid decision for acted sleeping.