Part 16: Party Preparation

"I swear to God I have submitted my assessment. You were there, Milly. You should tell Mr. Barnes about it." Casey explaining to Milly while they are walking through the exit door. This time, Milly is the one ignoring her.

"Sorry, I have to go." That is her only respond. Milly then approach some guys that she just make friends with, leaving Casey behind in clueless.

Casey walks heavily as she is not feeling well. She could not understand why her assessment was missing. She swear to God that she has submitted it. She wanted to do it again but Mr. Barnes did not give her chance to meet him in private. He said Casey took his kindness for granted and he do not want to give chance to student like her.

Without she is noticing, she actually walking home where she should be in the car with his brother right now. This little incident might give her some amnesia.

"Get in." Out of nowhere, Tristan appeared in his white Mercedes. Without rebelling like usual, she just get in the car.

Casey said nothing, same as Tristan. They always in silence but this time, the situation is different. It is a bit cold.

"Please join us tonight." Tristan said. The request makes Casey even more confused.

"What?" Casey could not understand what does her brother meant.

"Don't say you forget it. You're the one who always remind me but now you're forgetting my special day?" Tristan tried to remind her sister again, trying to let her out from the bad thoughts.

Casey quickly look into her phone. She checked the date of today. How could she forgot Tristan's birthday? His birthday is tomorrow but usually, they celebrate the party on midnight until dawn. All of his friends and families join the party. But usually, the family will stop joining the party once its 2 in the morning.

The birthday party is like a tradition. Nobody is celebrating their parties on midnight and especially it ended until dawn. But this celebration is much weirder when no one complains. This is probably because Tristan make good connections with neighborhood. He is really nice with them, like super nice. But still, Tristan respect their privacy by not making too much noise. Sometimes, they neighborhood itself join the party until dawn. Sometimes, they willingly not staying at home, just giving chance to Tristan celebrating his party wildly. Everybody just loves Tristan.

Unlike Casey, nobody even knows that she is the daughter of Collins. Mr. and Mrs. Collins is quite famous as both of them are successful businessmen. Mr. Collins work in his own agency where Dylan works as his assistant. It's just a matter of time the agency will be taken over by Dylan.

While Mrs. Collins has her own company in town where she makes friends with a lot of famous public figures. Nobody knows when Mrs. Collins wanted to retire as she is workaholic compare to his husband. She rarely at home. Although, she never neglected her family. But one thing for sure, Casey think that her mother would not simply give her to take over the company. She always think that company might be Tristan's one day. But Tristan always said that he hates business.

Even though probably that is the only thing that Tristan has something in difference, but he got a lot of something in common. Compare to Casey, she is totally different than her other family members. Her smart and brilliant brain is the only measure for her to be considered as the same with her families.

Casey always thought that she is adopted but she doubted it when her families just love her so much. Whatever she wants, she will get it straight away even though she always rebellious towards them.

Back to reality, Tristan is driving to somewhere, far from home. They are going to do some shopping for the party celebration.

Tristan looks excited for the upcoming party. Thinking about what happened at the school, Casey is not in the mood. But she just followed his brother into the stores, helping him choosing some decorations because she knows her brother bad at it. Furthermore, it's a long wait if she just stay in the car.

After done some shopping, they are driving home. Casey then realized something is missing. A birthday cake.

"Are you purposely forgetting it, Tris?" She asked. Like she knew something 'fishy' is going on.

"What?" Casey knew that Tristan acted like know nothing.

"You wanted me to bake your cake again this year?" She asked again. But this time, her question is clear to come to Tristan's understanding.

"Oh yeah." He simply replied that like problems solved. He even added his cute smirks at the end. Casey just sighed. Almost every year since Tristan got in high school, she is the one baking the cake. Her family always thought that her cakes are so delicious. The guests also said the same thing.

Even though that they are not close like they used to, but Casey never neglected her brother's request on his birthday. She just do it because with some hopes, she wanted everything will turn back like before.