Part 39: Special Detention

Casey tried to open her eyes. She saw she is some place like a hospital. She knew that she is probably in medical center of the camp.

Her vision is blur. Her head might bleed so bad.

"Now you are awake." Casey tried to open her eyes as wide as she could. Her vision still blurry. She saw that the person talking is the head of camp instructor. She knew him because she saw his face in the brochure before she got here. She saw that Evans and Ma'am are also there, standing next to her bed.

"Detention after your wounds heal." The head of the camp instructor said.

Casey is clueless of what happened. Her vision is still blur and her head is still hurt. But she do remember that she yelled so hard at Evans. That incident might be the cause of her to get into detention.

Casey has been ordered to follow the detention on every night until the last day of the camp. Her name is also has been blacklisted from participating in any of the competitions.

The detention started right after everyone has gone to sleep which is on 12 am and probably might ended on 2 am. This mean that Casey got only two hours of sleep before the roll call on 4 am.

She has been told that the detentions is due to her behavior on attacking Alice and any other complaints from the other platoons. They said that Casey played 'dirty' in all of the games. Casey do not know why they said that. They are the one attacking and played 'dirty' on her.

But she has not been told that her detention is due to her behavior towards Evans the other day. Did they missed the part where she yelled at him so loud?

Tonight is Casey's first detention. She need to be at the place instructed right on 12 am. She wait there, waiting for next instruction probably from someone that is coming.

She is shocked when finding out that Evans is the one in charge for her detention.

She said nothing as she still feel awkward after what happened.

"Starting from tonight, I am the one who in charge for your detention." Evans said. Casey just nodded, like she have any other choice.

"So your first mission for today is... March."

Casey wanted to yell out loud again. Like serious, march? That is the thing that Casey hates the most when she arrived in the camp for the first day. But she still nodded, she has no other options.

Casey has been taught to march, like from scratch even though she and her squads has been taught by him since the first day in the camp.

"Make it perfect." He said. Casey tried her best doing whatever he taught. The walking, the hands and even the expression, she need to make it perfect. If she mess it up even a little bit, she need to start it over which mean the detention might drag to more than 2 am in the morning.

But one different thing that Casey noticed about Evans tonight. He is not as fierce as he always do. He taught Casey like a normal person, no yelling or even rising voice, not a little bit.

She feel different. She then finally notice that Evans is actually a nice and sweet guy. Whenever Casey mess up, he will show the steps over and over again to her with no pressure. Like he do not mind doing it many times.

What surprised Casey the most is when Evans accidentally touched Casey in the hands and hips and even waist for few times when he was showing the steps to her. It was really an awkward situation but Casey do not know why she felt something different when it happened.

"It's almost 2 am. Go and have some rest." He said and walked away from her.

Casey looked at her watch. It is not even 1.45 am yet but he already released her early.

Casey get into her dorm after she cleaning up herself. She write in her journal again. While she was writing, she could feel there is something is staring at her but she could not find the exact location. She felt afraid so she stopped writing and goes straight away to sleep.