california dreamin'

"Welcome to Los Angeles baby sis." Damon grinned. A few weeks had passed, and Damon had convinced Bayley and Elias to let Mila come out here for the remainder of summer. Luana and Garrett also had their baby boy, naming him Lucas earlier in June, another reason why they stayed in Pittsburgh till late June. Damon had wanted to bring Mila to Los Angeles, since he had connections with some of the best dance choreographers, and wanted to get her foot in the door with getting more dance knowledge, more opportunities to showcase her abilities, and she eventually wanted to be a choreographer.

"It's so sunny out here." She smiled as she, Emily and Damon made their way to his car.

"It's very sunny. And it gets hot, but more of just like temperature heat and not humidity so it doesn't really feel as bad out here." Emily grinned as the three got into Damon's car and drove to his and Emily's new home they bought after returning to LA from the holidays.

"When do you start dance?" Emily asked as the three of them stopped to grab some lunch.

"I think Tuesday morning." Mila said, trying to remember her schedule.

"That'll be fun. How long are you there or do you not know yet?" Emily asked as they sat down outside.

"I start at 10am, and I think it ends at 6pm so basically all day." Mila lightly laughed.

"You'll do fine and have fun." Damon said as they ate their food before heading back to their home.

Two days later, it was Mila's first day at the dance studio in LA, and she was pretty excited. The two main things she had been getting adjusted to was the three hour time difference and not being with her family and friends. She was glad to be with Damon and Emily though. Emily had already left when Mila woke up to head to the studio, as Damon was dropping Mila off before he headed over there himself.

"Be here by six?" Damon asked, making sure his times were right.

"Yep. If something changes I'll text you." She said, grabbing her mint green and charcoal grey dance bag.

"Alright. Be safe, have fun love you sis." He said, fist bumping her.

"Love you too loser." She joked, getting out of his car and walking into the red colored dance studio. She set her stuff down in a cubby, turning around to see a boy not much taller than her, caramel colored skin, brown curly hair and brown eyes. He looked familiar but Mila was way too shy to say anything to him. So he did.

"Hey." He grinned, showing off a pearly white smile, as he noticed she was familiar to him too.

"Hi." She quietly said, shyly smiling.

"I know this may sound kinda awkward or weird, but were you in Chris Brown's music video about three or four years ago for the song X?" He asked.

"Yeah I was. Were you?" She asked, having a feeling she knew where he was going with the conversation.

"Yeah I was. I was on Chris's side and I think you were on the other side?" He questionably remembered.

"Yep that was me." She smiled.

"Are you Mila?" He asked, trying to remember as much as he could.

"That's me. And I'm sorry but what's your name?" She asked, feeling bad she didn't remember his name.

"No worries. I'm Jordan." He laughed as he politely shook her hand.

"Nice to see you again." She giggled.

"You too. So are you new to LA or what brought you out here?" He asked as the two were half meeting half catching up.

"My brother and his girlfriend live out here, and he wanted me to get with the best choreographers to get more opportunities." She explained as they walked into the dance room.

"You'll definitely get loads of opportunities here." He grinned at her. They also chose each other as their dance partners, hitting it off very well, and Mila could already feel there would be something different but special about Jordan.