not the perfect one

"Alright, I got Damon's meds for him to take when he wakes up." Bayley said, two days later after going to the pharmacy to pick up her son's meds for his bipolar disorder. They explained to Mila once she got home from dance that day, as she understood what was happening, but still didn't want to speak to Damon after he went off on them a couple weeks ago. Luana was trying to help Damon, but he was still shutting everybody out and not speaking to them.

"Okay. He should be getting up any minute now." Luana said as she and Mila sat at the table and ate their breakfast. Then, not even ten minutes later, Damon walked downstairs and made himself some breakfast.

"Don't forget to take your meds bub." Bayley said after Damon was finished with his breakfast.

"No." He said, setting his plate down in the sink as Mila headed downstairs, not wanting to be around him.

"Dame you gotta take it." Bayley sighed, looking at her son as he began to get mad.

"No I'm not taking the stupid pills." He said, more anger in his tone.

"Damon take the pills." Elias said as he got more stern with him.

"I'm not about to repeat myself." Damon said, rage written into his face.

"Bro it's okay. You'll be fine." Luana tried to comfort her twin.

"No it's not! Those aren't just pills, those are my fucking emotions! Leave me alone!" He yelled at them before taking the glass cup filled with water and throwing it onto the ground as he stormed upstairs to his room. Bayley sighed, resting her head in her hands as Elias cleaned up the mess.

"He'll be fine. He just doesn't feel like he should be around us right now." Luana said, looking at her parents.

"What do you mean?" Elias asked, not knowing Damon felt that way.

"When we took a walk after he was diagnosed he told me he was a fuck up and how he messes everyone up. That's how he feels. It may take him a bit to come back around, but I'm helping him. We just need to be ourselves around him so he doesn't think he's being treated differently from before." Luana explained to her parents. She was definitely more smarter than her age. She was 13 with a mind of a 25 year old. Bayley and Elias nodded their heads in agreement before cleaning up around the house and Luana checking on Mila. Later on that day, Damon came back downstairs as he cooled off, looking for his meds.

"Mom?" Damon asked as Bayley walked into the kitchen.

"Whatcha need?" She asked as she knew what he needed.

"Where's my pills?" He asked, rummaging through the medicine cabinet.

"Right here." Bayley smiled, getting the small, plastic orange bottle from the top shelf, handing it to Damon before getting him a bottle of water.

"Thanks." He said before putting the two white pills in his mouth before taking a huge drink of water, swallowing them down.

"Feel better?" She asked once he finished his water bottle.

"I guess. Sorry about earlier." He said, throwing his bottle in the can.

"It's okay. We're a team and we help each other. I'm not mad. I just want you to be you bud." She smiled, hugging her son.

"Thanks mom." He half smiled before going back up to his room.

"I think Damon will be okay." Bayley smiled once Elias walked into the kitchen, helping her start dinner.

"Did he take his meds or something?" Elias asked as Bayley nodded her head.

"He just needs to get adjusted, then he'll be good." Bayley smiled at her husband.