sweet sixteen

3 Years Later

"Wanna go wake up your brother and sister?" Bayley laughed that morning. It was Damon and Luana's 16th birthday as Bayley and Elias along with Mila got them each something for their birthday along with smaller gifts. Since both of them had passed their drivers test the previous week, for their 16th birthday Bayley and Elias had decided to get them each their own car since they felt they were responsible enough to have one, and so they didn't fight over one car. Mila had also went out that morning and got them some gifts from her.

"Sure. I'll be back." She giggled before quietly walking upstairs, wanting to wake up Luana first.

"Dang it! You're awake." Mila laughed when she saw Luana turn on her tv, setting her phone down.

"Nice try." Luana laughed at her younger sister.

"Happy birthday sis." Mila smiled, hugging her big sister.

"Thanks Mila." Luana smiled back.

"Wanna go wake up Dame?" Mila asked with a laugh.

"Let's do it." Luana laughed with an evil smile. Since Damon always picked on them, they took advantage of every opportunity they had to get back at him. This was one of those times. The two girls quietly walked out of Luana's brightly colored room, walking down the hall to Damon's. They opened the pearl colored door, revealing his navy blue walled room as he was still passed out in bed. The two girls looked at each other with smiles, nodding their heads before jumping on Damon's bed.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" The girls shouted with laughter as Damon groaned but couldn't help the few laughs that escaped him.

"What?" He groaned with a laugh.

"Wake up it's 11am and it's your birthday!" Mila laughed as she and Luana hopped down from his bed.

"Okay I'm up!" He laughed, pushing the comforter off him.

"Happy birthday bro." Mila smiled, hugging her older brother.

"Thanks lil sis." He said as he hugged her.

"Even though you're an asshole there's no one I'd rather share a birthday with than you Dame." Luana joked as Damon playfully hit her before hugging her.

"Same sis." He laughed before the three of them walked downstairs as Bayley and Elias were cooking them breakfast.

"Happy birthday guys." Bayley and Elias smiled as they hugged their oldest kids as they thanked their mom and dad, grabbing a drink before sitting down and eating breakfast. They then opened up the smaller gifts from Bayley, Elias and Mila. Luana getting some art things and a few pieces of clothes as Mila got her a locket with her favorite picture of the two together. Luana loved it and deeply appreciated it, hugging her little sister. Damon got mainly clothes, since he already had the instruments he was good at; guitar and piano. Mila did get him a jersey of one of his favorite football players as he thanked her.

"Okay. There's one last gift for each of you that came in the mail. Why don't you two go outside and grab the boxes?" Elias asked, as the two didn't think anything of it. Bayley, Elias and Mila quietly followed them as they walked outside.

"You got us each a car?!" Luana squealed.

"Yep. Since we think you're responsible enough and since you got your drivers licenses last week, and also because we don't want you two fighting over one car we got you each a car. But that means you have to get a job to pay for the insurance and expenses on fixes or oil changes since your mom and I paid full in cash for both cars. That's our deal." Elias explained. Damon was the only one who needed to get a job since Luana was about to start her first day at Target in a few days after getting a job interview and being hired a few days ago.

"I can do that." Luana reassured her parents.

"Damon's gonna be the first one to get in a wreck or damage his car in one way or another.
I'm calling it." Mila said, picking on her older brother.

"Hey!" Damon yelled as a joke.

"Like you don't know you will be." Luana playfully rolled her eyes.

"Yea you're right." He laughed as the five of them enjoyed the rest of their day.