dreams become a reality

"Kill it sis." Luana grinned as she high fived Mila before she did her first dance at her spring showcase a week later. Her spring showcase this year was a huge deal as choreographers and managers all over the US were coming to it, picking out kids to take them either to Los Angeles, Miami, Phoenix, or New York City for 6 weeks to work on different styles of dance and working with some music artists in music videos. Mila had never been picked and really wanted this to be her moment. She's been putting so much time, effort, energy, blood, sweat and tears into this. This is all she loves and wants to do.

"Thanks sis. Just a little nervous." She sighed, biting her lower lip.

"You'll do great. You're such an amazing dancer if one of the choreographers don't pick you then they obviously can't see greatness when it's in front of them." Damon said, hyping his baby sister up as she laughed a little.

"Thanks Dame. Now you guys need to go find your seats and I'm gonna practice a little more before performing." She smiled, hugging her family as they left. Mila had about eight dances, six lyrical, one contemporary and one hip hop as all of her dances were solos. She perfected all of her dances, as she was walking backstage to her room as one of the choreographers pulled her aside.

"Are you Mila Samson?" The lady asked. She was about 5'6", short blonde hair, tanned skin and blue eyes. Mila then realized it was one of her favorite choreographers; Jessica Reynolds.

"Yes I am." She smiled, trying not to freak out.

"I'm Jessica Reynolds. Nice to meet you." She smiled before Mila shook her hand.

"You too." Mila smiled, holding her inner fangirl inside.

"So, you know how tonight's showcase is. If a choreographer comes up to you, we want you to go with us for six weeks to learn and study and get opportunities." Jessica smiled as Mila nodded her head.

"So, I'd love for you to come to New York with me as I have four other girls coming with me. You will be leaving in two weeks and will be back in the middle of July, around the 17th or 18th." She continued to explain to Mila. She couldn't believe it. Her favorite choreographer actually wanted to teach her and work with her.

"I'd love too. Thank you for this opportunity." She smiled, shaking Jessica's hand once more before Jessica handed her a paper.

"Thank your dancing skills. Here's all the information you need. I'll see you in two weeks in New York." Jessica grinned as she walked away and Mila began freaking out.

"There you are. We were worried about you." Damon said once Mila walked into the room where she had been getting ready at, seeing her whole family in there before she bursted into tears. 

"What's wrong Mila?" Luana asked, confused on two reasons. One, why her sister was crying. Two, why she had a piece of paper in her hand.

"Nothings wrong." She said, taking a deep breath.

"Then why are you crying with a paper in your hand?" Elias asked.

"Jessica Reynolds just stopped me. She wants me to go to New York with her in two weeks for a six week training and I'll be getting some type of opportunity. She didn't say what. I'll be back in mid July!" She squealed with happiness as all four of them had smiles grow across their faces.

"Mila! That's insane!" Luana grinned, giving her little sister the biggest hug she could give.

"We told you sis, your dream is coming true!" Damon said, grinning at his baby sister.

"It's really happening. For real." She grinned, hugging her parents.

"We're so proud of you babygirl. You work so hard for this. You deserve this and have truly earned this." Elias smiled at his daughter. Now, she could stop dreaming and start packing for her six week long training.