Chapter 2: Put into Chaos

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You too. I love you."

"I love you too."

I decided to put Eli in the crib and let him sleep peacefully there. I needed to eat my lunch downstairs. Thank God, Manang Linda left a dish there for lunch.

***

It was around six in the morning, I was preparing myself for going to school when I heard the ding dong of the doorbell. It was Tita Marie with her driver. They were here to pick up Eli.

"Namiss ko ang baby na 'to!" aliw na aliw na sabi ni Tita Marie kay Eli nang maipasa ko ito sa kanya. "Miss na miss ka na rin ni Lolo Max."

Napangiti lang ako. Kitang-kita ko ang saya sa mga mata ni Tita Marie habang buhat-buhat si Eli. She didn't have a child, so she was really thirsty to have a child. She was the second youngest in the Ramirez family, and Tita Thalia was the youngest. Actually, kahawig niya si Tita Thalia, kaya kapag nakikita ko siya, parang nakikita ko rin si Tita Thalia.

"Naku, siguradong lalaki 'to nang spoiled sa Lolo at Tita," sabi naman ng driver.

"Sigurado. Si Storm noon ang spoiled na spoiled kay Papa," Tita Marie said, which made me smile wider. "Una na kami, Fara," she told me. "Bye bye na kay Mommy," aniya kay Eli na ngayon ay nagbaling ng tingin sa akin.

I waved my hands at him. He just blinked his innocent and lovely eyes. I gave him a kissed on the cheek before I let them go.

I felt a little bit sadness because I would miss him again for sure. Pero kailangan kong magtiis. Hindi ko siya maalagaan dahil whole day ang klase namin. Besides, he was safe with Tita Marie and Lolo Max.

Nilock ko ang gate bago ako pumasok sa eskwelahan dala ang kotse na bigay ni Kuya Tyler. Kapag ganitong estudyante ako parang bumabalik ako sa panahon na hindi pa ako kasal at ang pagiging kabataan ko lang ang inaalala ko. The time flew so fast. I was now a wife and a mom.

"Hi, Fara!" Elaiza greeted me as I walked into the classroom. Siya ang medyo close sa akin sa section na 'to. I was an irregular student, so I was joining different sections everyday. I didn't have friends. Most of the time I was alone whenever I had a vacant time and I needed to wait for my next subject.

"Hi," I greeted back.

"Kasama ka ba sa educational tour ng second year?" she asked.

I sat in my seat before I replied, "Yes. That is required." Naiwan ko kasi ang subject na The Life of Rizal dahil wala naman kaming subject na ganoon noong sa Las Vegas pa ako nag-aaral. "Would you please excuse me to our teachers? I'll give you my letter," I requested.

"Yes, sure."

A while later the bell rang and our professor arrived at the classroom. Since the day I met Storm, I learned how to listen carefully to my teachers because I didn't want to stress Storm out by obliging him to teach me whenever I ignored the discussion in our classes. Moreover, I needed to study well. I wanted to help Storm in managing their business and so that he could focus on his ministry.

When I shifted to my next room for the next subject, there was a vacant seat beside me on the left side; and then a guy occupied that out of nowhere.

"Hi, Miss Hunt," he greeted me with a plain smile on his lips. It was Aldren. I was surprised that he was present today. Yes, he was an ultimate non-attendee of classes, but because he was smart, he could pass all our exam. He had survived.

"Hey," I greeted back formally. It was the first time that he talked to me.

"Are you an irregular student?" he asked.

"Yes," tipid lang na sagot ko.

"Likewise," aniya. Nakita ko ang pagbaba niya ng tingin sa bandang leeg ko. "Christian?" he asked, which made me realize that he noticed my cross pendant.

I held that pendant before I replied, "Yes." It felt so good to say that I was a Christian.

He smirked, "I see."

"Are you?" I asked him.

"Yes," he said.

I was surprised and felt happiness. "Really?" There was excitement in my voice.

"Yes, but I'm a nontrinitarian. I believe in God, but I don't believe that Jesus Christ is God, and it is true that Jesus Christ isn't God." he said with a smirk on his lips.

I got confused. As far as I knew, Jesus Christ is God. That was what Storm told me and I experienced that. Jesus Christ is a miracle worker. How could this man say that Jesus Christ isn't God?

"I wonder what denomination you are. Are you one of those idol worshippers?" simpleng tanong niya.

"What do you mean?" I didn't know the denomination that he was talking about.

"Do you pray infront of images and sculptures?"

"No, I don't."

"Oh, you're a prostestant." He crossed his arms while resting his back.

"Yeah. Do you have a problem with that?" I cocked my brow a little bit.

He let out a chuckle. "Woah! Relax. Don't raise that beautiful eyebrow of yours," he said with hand gestures.

I just curled my lips.

"But you know what. You should study your belief. Jesus Christ isn't God. He's just a man and never did He appropriate the title "God" nor "God the Son" for Himself because He is not God but a man. Perhaps you know that . . . if you're reading your Bible."

"Jesus Christ is the Son of God," I said with confusion. I didn't read Bible that much.

"Yes, he is but He's man in nature according to His own testimony. Yes, He claims that He's a Son of God but as what I said, Jesus Christ himself never claimed that He is God, even if you read the whole Bible."

Natahimik ako dahil wala naman akong alam na isagot sa kanya. At mas lalong hindi ko nabasa ang buong Bible.

"I could even explain it to you Biblically if you want."

"In one God, there are three persons, right?" I asked with brows furrowed.

"No. The Bible clearly says in 1 Corinthians 8:6 that God is one. The Father in heaven is the one and only true God. No more other else."

"But Jesus can make miracles."

"Even the other prophets in the Bible made miracles."

"But this time in His name," I defended.

"Yes, because in Acts 4:12 the name Jesus was given by the Father. But that doesn't prove that Jesus Christ is God."

"But Jesus saves."

"Yes, in Acts 13:23 Jesus Christ is the one and only Savior given by the Father. Again, that doesn't prove that Jesus Christ is God. It is all because of the Father why Jesus has that power. I'm not against Jesus Christ, because still, He's the Son of God, the Lord and Savior. But, He is not God. "

I was speechless. I didn't talk again. I just looked at him with confusion.

After a moment, our professor came and started the discussion. I tried to focus my mind on the lesson but my mind was still thinking of what Aldren told me. He completely brought chaos to my peaceful and quiet mind.

Is Jesus Christ really God? I thought and then heaved a sigh. I'll just ask Storm about this.