Chapter 12: Together Again

Start from the beginning

Peachy shed tears as she looked at me, almost pleading. "N-no, I can't tell you."

I felt annoyed at her response. "Peachy, this is for your son. Whatever was your personal issue with Mark's father, isantabi mo muna 'yan para kay Mark."

Hindi siya muling nagsalita at patuloy lang sa pagluha. Napaiwas lang ako ng tingin at napahilamos ng mukha dahil sa inis na nararamdaman ko. Sumabay pa ito sa pagod ko sa trabaho, sama ng pakiramdamdam ko at pag-aalala ko kay Fara.

My heart was aching for Peachy because she was one of my cousins who were very close to me. When I found that she was pregnant, I wanted to hunt the guy who touched her. But I chose to respect her decision to raise her child alone. But it was unfair to Mark... and the father.

I faced her, trying to control my patience. "Peachy, tell me who that guy was!"

"You know him. You might hate him. But you know that he didn't have a fault. H-he was drunk and I just followed the rule of our game," she said between her cries.

Napakunot-noo ako at nakaramdam ako ng kaba. "Who was he?"

"H-he is Fara's brother. It's Tyler."

"What?"

***

F A R A

I sat up and stared at the rain splattering against the window of my room. I had been on my bed since this morning. This was all I could do in the midst of loneliness. Kuya Tyler was around but he was busy with his work on his laptop.

I went to my window and opened it. I was greeted by a cold air and rain entering my room so I quickly closed it again. Lightning struck outside and I flinched.

Napabuntong-hininga lang ako at umupo muli sa kama ko.

"When will this rain stop?" I mumbled.

Hinila ko ang kumot at muling humiga sa kama ko. Tumagilid ako ng higa at pinikit ang mga mata ko. Wala akong ibang naririnig kun'di ang malakas na ulan at kulog.

Pumasok si Kuya Tyler sa k'warto ko dala ang tray na may laman na pagkain at tubig.

I looked away and hugged the pillow on my side. Wala akong ganang kumain.

"Fara, get up," he told me.

"Just put it there," mahinang sabi ko at humalukipkip.

"That can't be. Storm told me that you need to take your medicine at the right time. A few minutes to go and Storm will be here."

Natigilan ako sa huling sinabi niya. I faced him and asked, "He will come here?"

He nodded. "Do you want him to get mad at you?"

I immediately shook my head. I suddenly felt joy in my heart knowing that he was coming back.

"Come on, eat this."

He helped me sit up and handed me my food. He sat at the edge of my bed as I ate and I could see the happiness in his eyes as he watched me eating. I had no appetite but thinking of Storm coming back made me want to obey them.

We heard his phone beep so he took it out from his jeans' pocket and read it. I saw his brows furrowing. Hindi ko siya pinansin at nagpatuloy lang sa pagkain.

When I was already done with my food, he gave me my medicines.

"Are you sure? Storm will come here?" I asked again.

"Uh... Yes," sabi niya at tipid na ngumiti sa akin.

Ininom ko ang gamot at binigay sa kaniya ang baso. Humiga muli ako at pinako lang ang mga mata ko sa labas ng bintana.

I was excited to see Storm again. I missed him and I wanted to hug him so tight.

After a moment, I felt the effect of the sleeping pill. Bumibigat na ang talukap ng mga mata ko ngunit nilalabanan ko 'yon dahil gusto kong hintayin ang pagdating ni Storm.

Nailipat ang tingin ko sa libro na nasa tabi ko. I wanted to read this book with him once he arrives.

Hindi ko na namalayan ang unti-unting pagpikit ng mga mata ko hanggang sa nilamon na ako ng antok.

***

S T O R M

I could not almost sleep last night because of Peachy's confession. Tyler didn't know anything because Peachy was the one who offered herself to him while he was drunk. She told me that she lost in their class' Truth or Dare, so she had no choice but to follow the rules. It almost drove me crazy. Kaya pala kaparehas ng mga mata nina Fara at Tyler ang mga mata ni Mark.

I woke up without a fever. The medicine worked. I quickly ate my breakfast before I went to the Oxford residence. I have to see Fara and talk to her brother. I planned to bring her back to our home after talking to Tyler. It's better that she stays with Manang Linda while I am not around.

Some road were flooded. I wasn't able to watch the news on television but I heard from Peachy that there was a typhoon. As soon as I arrived in front of their residence, I got out of the car and pressed the doorbell. The guard opened the gate and ushered me in.

"Storm," bungad sa akin ni Tyler nang nang makapasok ko sa bahay. "I thought you wouldn't come. Talk to Fara. She doesn't want to eat."

"Okay," I replied, trying to be formal with him. I have to go to Fara first before talking to him.

I opened the door to Fara's room. I saw her curled up in the bed, hugging a pillow. Nakatalikod siya sa direksyon ko kaya hindi ko alam kung natutulog ba siya. I walked into her room.

"Fara," I called her.

She didn't move. I thought she was sleeping, so I just heaved a sigh and sat down on the edge of the bed. But my brows furrowed when I heard her sobbing. Tanging ang mahinang pagpatak ng ulan at ang mahinang paghikbi lamang niya ang naririnig ko.

I touched her head to comfort her. "I'm here. This is Storm."

"I don't f*cking care." There was anger in her voice, so I was stunned.

"I'm sorry... I needed to finish my work for the sake of our employees," I explained.

Nabigla ako sa biglang pagharap niya at matalim na tiningnan ako. "Why are you here? It's because my brother told you, right?" she said while crying. "Get out of here! I don't need you! All of you! You're all liars!" she yelled out.

Napalunok lang ako at pilit na inintindi na lang ang sitwasyon niya. She was depressed, that was why she was always paranoid.

"No. I am here because I miss you," I responded, softening my voice in an attempt to calm her down.

She paused and just stared at me with her tears streaming down her cheeks, one after another.

"I'm sorry I didn't come last night. I wasn't feeling well," I confessed.

She moved closer to me and suddenly hugged me. I hugged her back and gently fixed her messy hair.

"Sorry..." I heard her say.

I pulled away and cupped her face, making her look at me. I wiped her tears away with my thumbs. I pulled away completely and took the bowl of soup from the tray placed on her bedside table.

"Eat your breakfast now and then we'll go home," I told her.

"We'll go home?" She squinted at me, causing for some tears escaping her eyes.

I smiled at her and wiped the escaped tears from her cheeks. "Yes, we'll go home."

I had been longing for her presence in the house. I would take her home now. We would be together again.