Chapter 10: A Spark of Hope

Magsimula sa umpisa

I was speechless. I didn't know about her past relationship. It occurred to me that I never asked her about her past. I remembered the day we went to Las Vegas to visit her mom's grave, I caught her staring at the couple walking past us and the man was looking back at her. I thought he was just one of her friends or classmates.

"Then, my dad forced her to marry you. She got married at a young age and she fell in love for the second time but... I know you know what happened next."

I didn't say anything and just look at the night sky. Tyler did the same and we both fell into silence.

***

"Where do you want to eat?" I asked Fara as we walked in the mall together. I could feel the coldness of her hand while I held it.

She did not answer my question, instead, she said, "Let's go home."

My brows furrowed when I noticed that she was looking around. Her eyes were wide and her gaze was restless. "What? Kakarating lang natin."

"S-someone will kill me here," she whispered as she pulled me slightly.

I stopped walking and wandered my eyes around before I looked at her straight in the eyes.

"Fara, I'm here." I squeezed her hand that I was holding. "Do you think I'll let someone kill you?"

She looked at me pleadingly before she lowered her gaze.

"C'mon we're here to enjoy," sinikap kong pasiglahin ang boses ko at itago ang awa na nararamdaman ko para sa kaniya.

I pulled her along with me as I started to walk again. She drew closer to me and clasped my arm with her other hand.

We went to a Chinese restaurant inside the mall. We were about to enter the restaurant when she stopped. I faced her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Fara?" I tried to pull her hand but she fought against it. I noticed that there were already tears held at bay while she was staring at the restaurant.

"I don't like it here," she said.

I glanced at the restaurant for a moment before I nodded and walked away from it.

"Why don't you like that restaurant? You like sea foods, right?" I decided to ask.

"K-Kirby and I would always go there before..." she said in a low voice.

I felt sad when she mentioned Kirby. I really missed Kirby but I am sure her longing doubled mine.

I just took a deep breath and shake those thoughts away.

We ended up entering a fast food restaurant. She said she liked the place. Honestly, I didn't want to eat in this kind of restaurant because of its unhealthy meals.

"Are you sure you like to eat here?" paninigurado ko.

She nodded and entered alone so I got no choice but to follow her. I ordered the food she liked while she went to find us a seat. It was a self-service restaurant so I handled my order before heading to our table. Pagkalapag ko ng tray sa lamesa, narinig kong may tumawag sa akin.

"Kuya Storm?"

Napalingon ako sa dalawang babae at isang lalaki na papalapit sa akin.