Chapter 19: We're Married

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I know you," nakangiting sabi niya. "We're classmates kasi sa ilang mga subjects ko."

"Oh, cool," I replied.

"You understand me?" she said, looking surprised.

I furrowed my brows and said, "Understand what?"

"Filipino language. You look like a foreigner, so I thought you were a foreigner."

"My mom is a Filipino. I'm fluent in the language."

"Nice!" she complimented with a smile. "Hirap ng irreg, 'no?" She sounded friendly.

"Yeah."

"Buti na lang parehas tayo ng break time," aniya. "What time ang uwi mo?"

"Six," I replied.

"Nice! Same pala tayo. Do you want to come with me later?" she invited.

"Where?" kunot-noong tanong ko.

"At my cousin's birthday party. We will have fun. Kung free ka lang naman."

"Hindi ba nakakahiya? I'm not invited." I didn't even know her cousin, even her.

"I'll accompany you. Don't worry, I'll take care of you. And she wouldn't mind naman if I bring someone to her party. Ano? Are you free?"

I thought for a moment. Hindi pa naman siguro darating si Storm. Instead of sticking at home, I would just enjoy myself for a moment.

"I'm free," I said.

***

"Hi, guys! This is Fara, my new friend!" magiliw na pakilala sa akin ni Chloe sa mga nagkukumpulan na mga lalaki at babae na nasa isang table.

The place was crowded, the sound system was so loud, neon lights were spinning around, and some folks there were dancing. Everyone was enjoying and had their own businesses. It was like a bar at home.

"Hi, Fara! I'm Tristan," pakilala sa akin ng isang lalaking nakasuot ng pulang sumbrero at parang pang-basketball player ang tangkad. He wore a playful smile on his lips.

"Back off, Tristan!" ani Chloe at tinulak ito sa dibdib. "Not her, okay?" mataray na sabi niya sa lalaki.

"What? I'm just introducing myself to this gorgeous lady," the guy said and winked at me. I didn't react.

"Whatever, Tristan," Chloe said and rolled her eyes. "Don't mind him. He's a playboy varsity of our university," she whispered to me. I just smiled.

Chloe and I sat with them. They were having fun by playing a game 'Spinning the Bottle'. One of them gave me a one shot glass of wine but I refused it. I didn't want to experience hangover anymore. It had almost killed me last time.

"This one is a good girl," sabi ng isa sa akin.

"Not really. The smell of alcohol just annoys me."

Pinaikot nila ang bote at hinintay kung saan ito titigil o tuturo.

"Chloe!" they announced when the bottle pointed to her.