Six

SEASON ONE
EPISODE SIX:
Next Time

I throw the ball. "-possible?" he says, dragging out the word confused. He stares at the, now, knocked down bottles. He blinks a few times, processing what just happened. "How. . . What the hell! How did you do that!" His face is full of confusion, which I begin to laugh at. "Hey! Don't laugh at me," he pouts. He looked so adorable.

I was laughing at him when something caught his eye. I was about to ask what he saw but was stopped when he started to drag me. I looked around to see where we were going when we stopped at one of the rides. The Ferris Wheel. I hated heights, but he looked so excited.

It didn't take long before we were allowed on the cart. It slowly starts to move, Jungkook pointing out things that he likes. We enjoy the beautiful view together. The lights of the city shine proudly.

I pulled out my phone when I buzzed. My eomma had texted me.

Mom:
Y/n I have some news.

Y/n:
Yes eomma? Is everything alright?

Mom:
Yes. Your father and I are going on a business trip

Y/n:
Oh cool. When are we leaving??

Mom:
That's the thing. It will just be your father and I. You'll be staying with your auntie and cousins. You'll be finishing highschool with her

Y/n:
Oh....

Mom:
Sorry sweetie. We love you very much and we'll see you soon. All your things should be there by tomorrow

Y/n
Love you too eomma

I stare sadly at my phone. I look back out to the view before the tears can start to build. I could feel the intense stare Jungkook was giving me. I brush it off and watch the tiny cars drive.

I look over at him, his eyes boring into mine. We hold eye contact for a few seconds before I break it. I can tell he's curious, but he doesn't ask. Thankfully. "Jungkook?" I say, still looking out as we get lowered towards the ground. He hums in acknowledgment. "Can we go home now?" I ask.

"Of course," he tells me. "Is everything alright?" he questions. I nod.

"Yes, just some family issues," I tell him.

"Oh, sorry," he apologized. Why was he apologizing, he didn't do anything. "Do you live near?"

I shake my head, "My aunt lives further away." He makes an 'o' shape with his mouth as he nods understandingly.

"That's okay, we can just grab a cab," he says with a smile.

"Alright, I'll pay," I tell him, getting off of the cart once we're back on the ground.

"What? No way!" he tells me, leading us to the exit.

"What?" I say, shocked.

"I'm paying," he states.

"Yeah, not happening. You've paid for everything else. I'll pay for the cab," I insist.

He shakes his head at me. "Now I wouldn't be a very good date if I let you pay. Now would I?" I playfully glare at him.

The entire time waiting for the car we argued about who would be paying. Safe to say, Jungkook won that argument.

Jungkook's POV

According to her mother, her aunt only lived thirty minutes away. Not too bad, my wallet will just have a hole in it.

We were only ten minutes into the drive when I felt something fall to my shoulder. I looked over at the weight to see that Y/n had fallen asleep on my shoulder. She actually looked quite cute while she slept.

I smiled as she slept on me.

Once we arrived it was a little difficult to wake her up. "Y/n wake up," I say, nudging her. She groans softly, peeking her eyes open. "Wake up sleepyhead," I say, smiling at her.

She says a quick 'sorry' as she climbs out of the car. I look at the house she's walking up to. It looks familiar, almost like I had been here before. I play it off, thinking that all the houses in this area look the same.

When she gets to the door of the house she pauses. She turns around and jogs towards me. "Thank you for tonight. I had a lot of fun," she tells me. Pink playing on her cheeks.

"I had fun tonight too," I told her. She clutches the giant bunny in her arms, a gentle smile resting.

"Here," she says, thrusting the bunny forward. "A reminder of our first date."

I take the bunny with a smile. "Alright. But next time I'll be winning the game." A promise.

"Next time," she mutters. She stands on her tippy toes and gives me a kiss. A small peck on the corner of my lips. She giggles, running off to the door.

She turns to smile at me before walking inside.

Rewritten 6/21/22