--ѕιχту тωσ--

[unedited]

"Right after this one," Suga whispered seriously, his voice not being heard over the music that began but the words being interpreted from the movement of his mouth. All the boys nodded, showing they could understand his inaudible directions.

Immediately after Jungkook nodded he looked back towards the performance, intrigued by the upbeat music and high-energy, yet casual dance that was very well coordinated. I heard Lyra's cheer from a few feet ahead of us, making me smile a bit as I watched her have fun.

I took out my phone, which was in my bag while I was performing and had been left alone for more than twenty minutes, and glanced over the many messages. The group chat compiled of myself, Lily, Grace, Georgia, Alice and Sayeon, had burst into messages. They all said they had arrived and had watched the school's performance, commenting on it's success with various streams of emojis, gifs and capital letters.

One of Alice's messages asked where I was after I had gotten off stage, another from Lily with her asking whether I was wearing the dress we bought together a while back for the performance.

[a/n: lmao anyone remember chapter 38 bc i sure as heck don't]

I that I hadn't changed and I was with the rest of the dance class right now, but after that immediately put my phone away. The boys were having too many busy thoughts running through their brains for me to just ignore them.

Jungkook was watching the performance with careful thought and probably some admiration, not seeming worried about his upcoming performance. Hoseok was by Lyra and the others, talking and cheering on the performance on stage.

Jimin and Namjoon were gathered around Suga, listening to him enunciate his words and try to explain over the music that they'd go backstage right after this performance ended. (Though I wasn't sure why they weren't getting the message - I could decode Suga's message from three feet further away.)

I couldn't quite see where Taehyung was, but I'm sure I heard his voice near Hoseok and the others, as well as two spontaneously appearing brunette heads which I assumed were him and Baekhyun - who suddenly, within just a few minutes, had become best friends somehow.

I glanced around, concerned of where the oldest member of the group was. Luckily I only had to make a small rotation left, seeing Jin close by on his phone, foot tapping anxiously.

"Jin, you ready?" I asked, making him look up from his phone. He let out a nervous laugh, putting it down.

"Do me a favor and teach me to dance?" he said with a slight chuckle, rotating his phone around in his hand. I noticed his nervous movement, reaching down to stop him from potentially dropping his phone. He only let out another laugh.

"Teach you to dance?" I repeated, humored but also shocked. Sure, he wasn't the best dancer out of all of them, but it's not like he was bad at it.

"You'll do great," I replied simply after he had nodded, "you definitely know how to dance. Don't doubt yourself."

Jin let out a sigh, replying halfheartedly. "Yeah, I guess."

"Why are you doubting yourself now? Right now is the time to get pumped up! Get that confidence flowing - you've been preparing for this moment, right?" I said, making a gesture towards the stage. Jin made a gesture towards the stage too.

"Of course, and so did they - and so did you guys... and you all dance."

"You dance too," I said, shrugging off his rebuttal. When he didn't reply immediately I added one more statement. "Your teammates have been preparing for this moment too."