--fιfту fινє--

"Be captivating!" Hoseok shouted over the music with his loud laughter. They had practiced the song entirely through at least 4 times now in the past half hour, physically tired and creating a more playful environment after the first few serious run-throughs. Jungkook, who the comment was directed to, made an attempt to follow the order by grabbing the collar of his own shirt.

a/n: in the beginning of the "Blood, Sweat & Tears" choreo, 0:19 if you want a reference ;] Of course I added the dance practice above so you can scream about it if you haven't in a while haha

I made a slight yelp-scream, laughing at his (quite good) attempt at meeting the request. Jimin gave the youngest a hardy pat on the back that some of the others laughed at before switching positions towards the center.

In the section with such precise movements I started counting off the beats just in case, but everyone was so focused on the dance that it seemed they didn't need my help anymore. In fact, the only thing they needed at this point was some encouragement. I laughed to myself, Suga's rap beginning.

"Show it, Suga!" I called, Suga making an obvious, embarrassed laugh through his hand movements. We held eye contact for a few seconds and I made a quick hand gesture to signal bringing more emotion out. He seemed to clear his head, putting on his serious game-face and walking through the other member's human forest.

RapMon's part was always secure since day one, emotions (and "captivating condition", as the boys called it) perfectly timed with the music and words. In fact, the only parts he ever needed help on were the small, minuscule and sharp details in the background. I lipsynced his part with him, enjoying myself as I simply sat there on the couch doing -1% of the physical work in comparison to them.

I gave him a little clap and he smiled a bit before Hoseok began his way down the pathway created by the others. I couldn't help but revisit the memory in my mind where he had tripped over a lingering foot one evening rehearsal not to long ago and recovered with his usual, slightly embarrassed laugh. The small sentimental flashbacks along with the synchronization the boys had finally accomplished started pulling on my heartstrings.

It wasn't until my instinctual cowardice scrunched up into hopeless fear, the boys beginning their falling handstands that they had begged so much to add in. Every other rehearsal at least one person had mistimed the action or gotten slight injuries, but this time everyone flipped over and lifted themselves up, and with the greatest delicacy continued on with the fast but smooth movements that followed. Suddenly instead of directing them, I was admiring them.

My mouth was probably slightly agape until the chorus, Hoseok shooting me a smile that anyone would smile back to.

I didn't have to bother telling Hoseok to stay serious - after the next jump he had switched right back into the feel of the song, his movements dramatic and fitting.

And I didn't bother to tell Suga to add more emotion to his rap - he was already doing it, closing his eyes and enunciating every word to the point it could be heard over the music.

My body didn't instinctively suck in a breath of uncertainty as they spun and dropped to the ground with their arms holding them up for the second time - I didn't have to anymore.

And somehow the song ended sooner than expected, the boys holding their ending position for a few moments with tired pants, looking at me for instruction. Likely because I didn't clap like I had for the past four times, they stayed put. One of them let out an awkward laugh that made me finally snap out of whatever emotional crisis was running through my head. I probably looked like a confused deer staring at headlights as I instinctually clapped a few times, a dumb smile forming on my face as I let out a little laugh. The boys relaxed but stayed in their spots and glanced at each other in what seemed like either concern or confusion.