--ѕιχту σиє--

Jimin's confident smile relaxed me as he took a few steps backward, making room for the girls to get on stage first. Behind me Hoseok was messing with his jacket, trying to position it loosely on his shoulder. Lyra was trying to help him, perhaps just making it worse, and Isabella whispered at them to get ready, trying to pull Lyra towards the front to be the first one on stage. Sana's hands were shaking a bit and I wanted to comfort her, but she stood out of arms reach. Grace was stretching a bit while Chanyeol seemed extremely relaxed, imitating Grace's flexible arm movements with a hint of humor when he couldn't replicate it. 

As the announcer started reading out the greeting to welcome us on stage, I felt a strong pat on my back, making me jump a bit in surprise. I turned around, Suho giving me a nervous smile. He was probably trying to seem confident, though it was obvious he was worried of messing up. I made a little fist, mouthing the words "Fighting" before turning back towards the eruption of clapping coming from the audience. 

"So without further ado, from the school right down the street, our first performance of the morning!" 

"Taeyeon's 'Why'!" 

I heard a little "Good Luck" from behind me, of which I turned away to reply with a thumbs up. The four boys were lined up in the back since they didn't arrive on stage until after the opening, all of them whispering forms of good luck and sending smiles to the point I could've considered them my parents. 

The seconds that it took for us to walk to center stage and stand in our starting positions suddenly passed to the point I had no recollection of even leaving backstage.

Lyra gave a little wave to someone in the audience, and suddenly the music started. 

As if she was never distracted, I watched as Lyra began lip syncing the words right as they begun. The beginning was simply the motion of hands, which had been carefully practiced for about a week now. (Grace was careful not to accidentally punch Lyra in the face this time, which on the first day was quite interesting.) I didn't want to smudge any of her makeup with my clammy hands, but luckily it seemed pretty heavily layered, especially on her cheek. You could barely see the redness from a foot away, so I'm sure it looked perfectly fine from the audience. 

The rest of the movements came naturally, although I was still internally horrified about the possibility of messing up and causing the well balanced choreography from being uneven. 

And just as the chorus ended, all of us but Lyra exited stage left. 

I watched the guys' routine the entire time, catching my breath and judging my own terrible stamina. When you're not focused on not messing up, it's a lot easier to appreciate other's dancing. Lyra drew attention to the center, the smile on her face showing genuine enjoyment. She loved the song and was probably singing to herself underneath the loud music. 

Right before the high peak, as the chorus was just about to come back, Lyra suddenly looked nervous

Right before the high peak, as the chorus was just about to come back, Lyra suddenly looked nervous. I heard a whisper behind me, turning around.