--тнιяту иιиє--

[Nine Days Later, Monday October 24th; Fall Music Festival: Saturday, November 19th]

"Dean - eraser," I quickly whispered, holding my hand out as he set the eraser in my hand and I cleaned off my paper of my confused trials of division.

"I still don't get this." he muttered as I set the eraser back on the edge of his desk.

"Me neither," Jungkook said quietly, setting his pencil down as he sighed and leaned back in his chair, stretching.

"I've tried nearly every number that exists - why aren't any of these factors?" I asked to myself, redrawing the table I had just erased. Jungkook tapped my shoulder, then pointing at Joy, who had just walked back into the room from where ever she was before. Dean noticed too, making a whisper-yell towards her as she sat down in her seat that was a few rows away from us.

"Joy," he began quietly, getting louder when she wouldn't turn around. "Joy... Sooyoung-" he hissed, finally making her notice all three of us looking intently her direction. She widened her eyes a little, asking "What?" as we all pointed towards the papers on our desk. She made a little laugh as she stood up, casually strolling towards us. Mrs. Ray didn't care if we helped each other, as long as she stayed quiet and didn't bother her. (Great teacher, I know.)

"What seems to be the issue here, children?" she asked, kneeling down next to our desks.

"I don't get any of this." Jungkook stated with no shame, running his hand along the entire paper. Dean gave a nod of agreement, so she then looked towards me.

"Me neither." I whispered with a little shrug. She made a sigh, then scooting towards me as she pointed at a question.

"This one?"

I nodded, then putting some numbers on the xy-table. "I've tried all of these and none of them are factors."

Joy only glanced at the numbers I had written, then hit the top of her mechanical pencil on her knee as she began writing on my paper.

"'P' over 'Q'" she began as she quote, "'P' is the constant factors and 'Q' is the leading coef.'s factors."

"Cough?" Dean asked, leaning over to see what she was writing.

"Coef. - Coefficients, honey." she clarified as she turned around, then writing it on his paper too. "Then use synthetic and factor theorem."

Jungkook made a scrunched up confused face. "Too many big words."

"Syn-theh-tic." Joy said slowly, stretching out the word. "Easy division. 'Fact-or', theorem."

"You're just repeating the words, Joy." Jungkook sighed, picking up his pencil and finally starting to draw a table.

"Pronouncing things correctly are important, Jungkook."

"Mhm, sure. So is being able to do this worksheet - and I seem to have that under control, don't I?" he asked sarcastically, twirling his pencil with raised eyebrows.

Joy lightly smacked him in the shoulder. "If you think positively, that'll probably help out too." She shifted her weight to her other side, leaning towards me to see my work. "Yep, so then so both plus and minus those numbers."

I scribbled a little 'plus or minus' sign in front of all the numbers, then listing them all out in my table. "Cool," she breathed before looking towards Dean's paper.

"Rona," Jungkook began, "Are you going to be at our table at lunch?"

"Maybe, I'm not sure yet." I replied, looking up as I scribbled the number down and reached over to open my calculator. I turned towards him as I took off the cover. "Why?"