--fιfту--

"So you're telling me we've got competition." RapMon restated, pulling a small nod from me. He glanced around to see if any of the other members were nearby, then adding, "Are they good good?"

I jokingly exclaimed, "Well how should I know?" RapMon tapped the pen in his hand against his leg as we continued walking.

"I've heard Jackson rap for fun before... he's definitely not bad," RapMon said, analyzing them in his head. I tried interrupting him.

"But don't worry about it. You guys will be prepared for FMF and do great." I said. RapMon glanced over and I made a supportive grin in attempt to reassure him. He decided to laugh at it lightly.

"Hey! You will." I said again, patting him on the shoulder although the height difference made it more like his back. He only laughed again, nodding as we turned a corner.

"After school today, then this weekend," I said, referring to the times I was able to help them with the choreography. Today was Thursday, and the weekend after this was the festival. On top of that, Jimin, Hoseok and I all had to participate in the dance class's FMF rehearsal tomorrow. RapMon had said that would be the day the others go to Suga's house and finish up the recordings. Then he'd (stay up all night, I'd assume, and) edit them to have them done by the weekend rehearsal.

Luckily my parents saw this little "part time job" of being the musical group's choreographer as my dance exercise for the past few weeks. As long as I was keeping my grades up and wasn't dealing anything illegal, it seemed like they simply didn't care - maybe it was a form of individual responsibility - whichever it was, I honestly didn't mind. Having the freedom to help the boys honestly took away a lot of my free time, but at least it was fun. (At least it wasn't forced anti-fun... is that a thing?)

I waved goodbye to RapMon as he arrived at his classroom, then continued a few doors down to Mr. Cona's room. Lily was absent today because she was sick, and Alice only walked partway towards my English class, so that was the reason I had walked with him today. At least, that was the reason I pretended to have, though most of the walk I was contemplating about whether to tell him about Sayeon and the other possible singers at FMF. When I finally did, it felt like some kind of relief - like I wouldn't have to worry about it secretly later, though I had only told one person of the group.

Unlike how RapMon had blown my cover on the whole secret choreographer job, it seemed like Jackson and Mark were more focused on their own music. It definitely wasn't a secret that the two, plus BamBam, who had yet to arrive in the classroom, were planning on performing at the festival. With the performance in less than two weeks, however, I was curious as to whether they had started preparing before now.

After greeting Mr. Cona with a simple "Good afternoon," I entered the somewhat empty classroom. There was only maybe five people total in the room, two of whom being Jackson and Mark who were wandering around the front of the class as they talked. Listening to their conversation (it's not eavesdropping, okay?) was not really any different than they usually were, being slightly touchy and pulling each other away from small frivolous acts like picking up a random paper or marker, however one of them mentioned Sayeon's name.

"If Sayeon can't help that's okay too, we could try doing it ourselves." Mark said, continuing, "Yugyeom's got the dance stuff covered and apparently his teacher at the studio is gonna help him too."

"That's good, but dancing isn't really Youngjae's forte." Jackson replied, the new name suddenly making me interested. My attention towards them was interrupted by the movement at the desk at the front of the row next to my own.

"Hey Rona," Jack said, seeming a bit tired as he set his backpack on the floor next to his seat with a heavy thud.

"Hey..." I replied, trying not to seem confused or startled by his sudden greeting or the conversation I had been previously tuning into.