--forty seven--

This chapter is written by officialalien

"Do you think you could help us practice by the bleachers today?" Jungkook asked as everyone started packing up.
"Probably." I gathered up my papers and glanced up at the clock. There were two minutes left in class and the substitute still hadn't said anything.

"Is he...asleep?" I nudged Jungkook who looked over at the sub.
"I think so," he answered. I sighed and plopped back down in my seat.

"So, have you thought of a title for your song yet?" It seemed like a harmless question, but seemed to freak Jungkook out.
"I-uh..." He stammered and his cheeks were tinged with pink.
"I doubt any of the other members have either, so we can go over that today during practice." I flashed him an encouraging smile that he gratefully returned.

He pushed his chair back and stood up from his desk. I followed suit.
"Let's go Rona," Jungkook said and the two of us walked out of class.
Seeing this, the rest of the students followed our lead.
***
"Ronaaa!!" Hoseok called as he pranced into the room. Namjoon and Yoongi trailed in behind Hoseok shaking their heads.
"Hey guys!" I called and smiled at all three of the boys.

Ivy and Cadence didn't disguise their identical looks of disgust they shot across the room at me. I ignored them as usual.
"Hey guys!" Ivy imitated in a high-pitched voice. Cadence snickered. I bit my lip and took in a deep breath. Yoongi noticed and walked closer towards me.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, sending shivers down my spine.
"Y-yeah." I answered, a bit distracted by his closeness. He distanced himself from me as he asked his next question. The butterflies in my stomach settled a bit.
"Jungkook told me that you were going to help us practice today. Are you fine with that?" I nodded to confirm what Jungkook had already told the other members.

Mrs. Carter walked in and rapped her knuckles on the desk to get our attention.
"Quiet please," she directed this statement towards a giggling Ivy and Cadence.

Julie sadly looked down at her notebook, detached from her two friends behind her.
"Sorry Mrs. Carter!" Ivy sang.
Mrs. Carter gave them a tight-lipped smile before resuming what she was saying.

"The science department and I had a short conference yesterday." The whole class fell silent, anxious to hear what Mrs. Carter was implying. "We realized that a lot of you don't do your own work." Furtive glances and frantic whispers spread throughout the class. Mrs. Carter clapped her hands together trying to restore silence in the room.

"Let me finish. However, we all believe that everyone here has the ability to do their own work. We also think all of you here are exceptional students." Someone towards the back sniggered. Mrs. Carter glanced at the student, immediately silencing him. "Therefore, we will be assigning groups and topics soon, so make sure you're awake." She stood up and knocked on the desk of a peacefully slumbering student.

Everyone else nodded their heads dutifully and Mrs. Carter smiled genuinely this time.
"Lab time!" She called causing most of us to groan. "This lab is due tomorrow the minute class starts, so make sure to finish it for homework tonight if you don't get it done in class." Simultaneously, the class stood up and raced each other to the safely goggles.

"Here," Yoongi handed me a pair of goggles even before I had stood up.
"Thanks," I took them from his hand and pulled them over my face. "I hate these," I complained as the band snapped against the back of my head.

"Everyone does," Suga snapped his own on as well. "Let's try to finish this lab in class today." He said as Rapmon and Hoseok walked over to join us.

"Are we going over our songs during practice today?" Rapmon asked.
"I-yeah. How do you already know all of this?" I laughed.
"Jungkook doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut," Rapmon answered with a smirk.

"Yah, stop antagonizing the poor kid."  Hoseok pretend scolded. Namjoon laughed and then redirected his attention to the completely unmarked sheet of paper in front of him.

"Shit," he grumbled. Yoongi looked over before laughing quietly.
"How do you not have anything done hyung?" Hoseok inquired. "You're supposed to be the smart one." Rapmon shrugged helplessly and put his head down on the desk.
"Seriously Namjoon oppa, what were you doing while the rest of us were working?" I glanced briefly at all four of our papers. Only Rapmon's had nothing written on it.
"I was...working on my song." He pulled out a crumpled piece of paper with writing all over it. It was without a doubt, the messiest paper I had ever seen.

"Finding ways to destroy it is a more accurate term in my opinion," Hoseok grinned cheekily. Yoongi let out a short bark of laughter that was louder than he intended it to be. The whole class turned and stared at the four of us. Mrs. Carter was nowhere to be seen.
"Wow Rona, causing scenes for attention now, are you?" Ivy smirked over at me. I felt my face redden. Cadence looked up and upon seeing my face, burst out laughing. I opened my mouth to retaliate when someone intervened.
"Stop it Ivy," Julie said loudly. Ivy whipped her head around so fast I was surprised she didn't get whiplash.
"What did you just say?" She asked through clenched teeth.

"I said to stop bothering Rona. Look, we all get that you're not over Namjoon but that doesn't mean you can treat people like they're worthless. It's obvious that you're jealous of Rona's friendship with the guys, but stop trying to put her down." Ivy's mouth dropped open. The entire room was dead silent. Some had their phones out, getting ready to update the whole school on what had just happened.

Ivy looked around the class quickly and sneered when she saw people with their phones. "Julie, I thought we were friends." Ivy's eyes started welling up with fake tears.
"This girl could be an actress," Yoongi muttered behind me. Rapmon and Hoseok murmured in agreement behind me.
"How could you do this to me?" Ivy shrieked. "After all I've done for you, is this how you treat your friends Julie?" She wiped tears from her face. "Because if it is, no wonder you have no friends." Everyone gasped and real tears glistened in Julie's eyes.

"That's funny coming from you," She fought back. "You treat random people like crap even when you don't know them! You make rude side comments that no one appreciates hearing Ivy. I've stayed by your side all these years, because I thought you would change for the better. Instead, all you seem to do is get worse and worse!" Tears were falling down Julie's face, but she didn't remove them from her face. People were standing up on their chairs to get a better look at the two.

"Wow Jules. After everything we've been through." Cadence handed Ivy a tissue that she dabbed at her eyes with. "I...have nothing to say to you anymore." Ivy handed the used tissue to Cadence then turned her back on Julie. Cadence quickly looked up at Julie, who was pleading with her eyes. Cadence's face hardened and she flounced over to the trash can and tossed the tissue in. On her way back to her seat, she purposely rammed her shoulder into Julie. Instead of reacting, she remained where she was. Her tears fell faster but she still made no move to wipe them.

The class went back to busying themselves with their work. I could hear the three boys mumbling about getting back to work, but I didn't move to face them. Instead, I started slowly walking towards Julie. I could feel people's eyes following me but I kept my head up.
"Do you want to work with us for today?" I asked tentatively.
"I would love to. Thank you Rona." She smiled warmly at me before gently wiping at the tears on her face.
"Anytime." I smiled and she pulled me into a brief hug.

"Friends?" she asked, pulling away.
"Friends."
***
hey readers! This is the first chapter I've written for this book and I am so so excited to share this with all of you. Please read the previous chapter "New Author" for more information. Thanks for all the support :)

self-promo:
    Check out my own book To Things We Never Said. Please vote and comment on it! I will be wrapping it up soon~

This is all! A new chapter will be up for you sometime this week or next week!

- officialalien rachel <3