--fιfту иιиє--

"Who?" I asked yet again, Chanyeol recapping his view for the second time.

"Ivy," he stressed, "I thought it was Lyra – Ivy even had her hair up in the same way Lyra usually does. Hoseok and I called out to her thinking she was Lyra, but then she didn't turn around. Then you two came out, quite frantically I might add. Gave me a jumpscare."

Hoseok laughed at the taller, whispered, "Everything gives you a jump scare," to which Chanyeol simply shoved him to the side in reply. Hoseok laughed, stopping himself when he saw my serious expression.

"So what happened? Lyra had to go to her car for something?" Hoseok asked, standing up normally and keeping his hands to himself instead of playfully shoving the other back.

"Something happened to the outfit I had brought her. There's this giant cut through the back of it." I explained, "I don't know how it happened, but it was obviously done by someone cutting it; it definitely didn't rip by getting caught on anything."

Chanyeol was surprised, taking a few steps forward to look down the left path that both Ivy and Lyra had taken long ago, the path obviously showing no sign of them being there anymore.

"Are you sure Lyra didn't cut it secretly?" Chanyeol asked, Hoseok seeming put back by even the possibility. I shook my head slowly, Hoseok jumping in with his thought process.

"If Lyra was trying to backstab you, why'd she cut the shirt she's supposed to wear? I mean, she knows it's her shirt, you sent a picture to her the other day." Hoseok said and I nodded in confirmation.

"I'm pretty sure she doesn't have anything else to wear, which is why she asked me to bring something. Would she have brought something herself to wear just to cut open a shirt that I'm not going to wear today? I mean it was a nice crop top but..." I began to trail off, Hoseok instantly shaking his head.

"No, she wouldn't do that," he said rather quickly, taking out his phone. "Let me try calling her."

As Hoseok held the phone up to his ear, Chanyeol shrugged. "I agree she isn't the type of person to simply cut up a shirt out of petty upset... but did you girls fight about something?"

I shook my head, trying hard to think back to any time we had argued about anything. Nothing super excessive came to mind and I looked up to the two boys with a concerned and confused expression. Hoseok shook his head, putting his phone down. "She's not picking up."

I glanced down the pathway, not just slightly concerned anymore.

"Lyra was really calm about the shirt being cut. I thought it was just because she's been tired all morning but... maybe she had expected it already." I said quietly. Chanyeol stayed silent, not knowing what to say. Hoseok seemed more concerned with my statement like he was earlier.

"Something must be wrong, I really don't think she would have cut the shirt. If anything, Ivy must've cut it when she was in the bathroom." Hoseok said, summing up all his thoughts in another short statement.

"Wait- Ivy was in the bathroom?" I asked suddenly, both of the boys looking confused.

"Uh yeah,"

"We said that like five minutes ago..."

I blinked my eyes a few times, trying to remember if they had ever said anything about it. If they did, I definitely didn't put two and two together until now. I was convinced no one else was ever in the bathroom with Lyra and I when I was in there, but if Chanyeol and Hoseok saw Ivy running out of the bathroom right before Lyra and I came out...

"Where's Lyra?" I asked suddenly. Chanyeol looked at me with a surprised expression and Hoseok was almost staring at me in disbelief.

"She's not picking up her phone." Hoseok restated, bringing me back into the situation from my intense theory creating. I pointed down the left path with certainty.