--тωєиту--

Somehow I had become a therapist, sitting on a desk next to where RapMon laid sprawled across a few desks pulled together. He was no longer crying, just staring up at the ceiling as he talked.

"She played pretty hard to get, but I don't know what I was thinking," He explained, "My little sister was going through some stuff and ended up in the hospital. I guess I needed support?" He seemed to question himself, just reflecting on the past. I felt another buzz in my pocket, trying to ignore it. Hopefully my mom wasn't waiting for me but rather letting me know she was late. He turned his head towards me, his eye level right at the jacket around my waist.

"If you have to go, go ahead." He said with a tiny smile, glancing at my jacket pocket.
"I- Uh, I'm sure I'll be fine." I replied, trying to be polite. Giving a sympathetic smile he attempted to reach over and take my phone out  of my jacket, but nearly tipped the table. I quickly stuck out my leg and held up the desk with the side of my shin. RapMon quickly scrambled to sit up and rebalance.

He laughed, continuing, "But seriously, if you need to go..."

I took out my phone, checking the messages from mom.

"I'm running late." - 12 min ago

"I'm at the end of the line, walk to the car if you want." - 3 min ago

I opened up the other messages, a thread of them from Jimin.

"Do you know where Namjoon is?" - 5 min ago

"Hope said you were looking for him earlier." - 5 min ago

"Did you find him?" - 4 min ago

"Ronaaaaaaaaaaaaa" - 3 min ago

"SpaM SpAm SPaMM" -3 min ago

"I need to give him something" - 3 min ago

"If you see him tell him to text me, he isn't responding" - 2 min ago

"Dangit you're probably already on your way home." - 1 min ago

I glanced up at RapMon, who watched me scroll through my phone. I looked over at his phone that laid at the edge of a table.

"Jimin is looking for you." I said, pointing at his phone. He picked up his phone and held it, not checking it for any texts. "My mom's waiting," I added, getting off the table.

He also got off the table, just sliding off since he was tall enough. He stuffed his phone in his back pocket and followed me out, turning off the light in the room. As the long hall merged into the more busy ones I looked up, noticing he was looking at the ground.

"You don't think I'm shallow, right?" He asked suddenly. I was about to laugh but I glanced up at him and his expression was serious. I cleared my throat, beginning, "Not at all, you're fine."

"That was the past, okay?" He continued, trying to defend himself.

"Gotcha." I laughed. He ended up staring ahead, stuck in his own thoughts.

"RapMon, don't get caught up in the past." I said, waving my hand in front of his face. As if I had suddenly woken him up he jumped back, blinking his eyes a few times.

"You know you can call me Namjoon right? It's not like it's a reserved name." He said.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Do you want me to?"

He turned away, saying softly, "If you want to."

There was a break of silence as we exited the building and saw Jimin. The carpool lane seemed quite empty - I guess everyone goes home immediately after school. Jimin hadn't noticed us and was still talking to someone next to him. I looked up at RapMon who seemed out of it.