Last Night Out ~ Part two

Mist filled the air as the night grown darker and I arrived at her house not a minute too late without getting a ticket. I got off easy. I didn't know foreign cars were prohibited here. There was a ''no parking'' sign in front of her condo. So I had to go park around the corner. I walked to the condo through the mist and meet at the front door of the condo. it was locked. There was a buzzer on the side of the wall in the indented space I stood in.

I pressed the little red button on black box and moistened my lips. Before I could speak she somehow knew it was me.

''Good day, Lucas! I'll meet you out there in a minute. Jezebel still hasn't eaten yet. My cat. You're welcomed to come in or wait for me if you'd like. Your choice.''

My car was a block away. What should I do?

What would you have done?

The buzzer rings, the light goes green and the door unlocks. I grip the handle and fight my curiosity. But sadly... I lose. Then I'm already halfway up almost to the third floor.

I like walking. Elevators scare the crap out of me. You and I both know things don't end well in elevators in those movies you see on TV.

As a killer, I know that the only thing I should be afraid of is getting caught doing the job. But I'm still human. I like to party with friends and being a dad. This is me right now. Lucas Moore. Your date for tonight that showed up in an expensive car with only the intention of taking you out on a date. No dead bodies, body, bags, or bloody knives. Just Lucas.

''Hello Lucas. Glad you're here. Sorry the place is a little messy but at least I'm not as bad as a hoarders. Right? Come on in. I don't bite. Promise...'' Her smirk trailed up to her dimples. "Sorry I'm not fully dressed yet. But I'm sure you don't mine. Do you?"

''Are you..''

I suspected she had a bit to drink already.

''What? Drunk? One shot won't hurt ya'.'' She gave a cute laugh and put a wine glass. Some kind of pink drink with a mini green Japanese umbrella floating on top of the full glass. I took the glass anyway to be curtious as a guest in her home.

She posed on the door with her long curly black hair blanketing over her green eyes. Her legs and arms were as of the models she photographed in the run way show. I wondered to myself why she wasn't modeling. For the moment, she was the most beautiful thing in my life.

''So are you coming in or not?''

As I walked in she closed the door after me. I took off my grey jacket and mounted it on an extruding metal hook on the wall. Then I turned around and wondered around the condo. She gone to her room finding out what to where.

''I'll be right out!''

''Take your time,'' I said.

It wasn't the biggest and and most expensive purchase but it fit the needs for a party of one. And the view was nice too. Standing at the large windows, I had the best view.

Suddenly a voice from behind grounds me back away from my aerial experience and I take a step back and do a full turn around.

''What pants should I wear?'' She held two different colored pants at her waist as she wore nothing but underwear and a bra. One red. The other white. Turning around to look was the last thing I wanted to do. So I picked the one on the right and hoped for the best. Then she took a moment to think and went with the better choice and went back to her room and shut the door. The opportunity arrived. And I took it.

I carried out small talk with her as I searched her home while she was getting ready in her room. How was your day? What's your favorite color? I couldn't find anything. I looked in the draws, closet, couch, kitch, or even her purse. But wait. ''What's this.'' I walk over to a recently cleaned stand next to the glossy plastic black couch. Her family. Melissa's parents. The ones I helped kill that late night. I watched them die right in front of me. This night couldn't get anymore depressing.

''What are you doing with my parents photo?'' She says.

She caught me by surprise. Fully dressed and ready to go. But her enthusiasm dropped dramatically as she saw the picture frame in my hand. It was rather the picture inside the frame that was most flustering to her. Her purse was tightly gripped in her hands you could see the creases that each finger made.

''I truly apologize for intruding in your personal life. I was just... curious I guess.''

''No. It's ok Lucas. They were my parents. Before they were... murdered.''

''I'm so sorry.'' I try to put on the face of concern, but I find myself smiling in the inside.

''Yeah... Right in front of me. The police filed it as a breaking entering. They didn't do much to help. You don't understand what they did to me. The years of therapy I've been to, the lonely nights staring at the bottom of an empty white wine glass.''

''Do you... Remember anything else, from your...'' Finding the right word to describe this is critical. ''life-experience?''

''Nice chose in words stud. But I think we're running late to the club don't you think?'' It looks like someone has regained composer.

She walks over to me and takes the picture into her hand. Looking deep into the picture like she was searching for some kind of emotion that which could be felt. But she felt nothing. It's as if she almost wanted them dead. Could she had been thinking as I? Wanting her parents dead because they weren't fit. I guess we'll find out later in the night.

The picture is placed back into it's original spot and her eyes meet mine. I looked into her eyes and seen, nothing, Nothing at all. Maybe she'd learn to live with it. I thought about asking her questions, but I'll leave that to a therapist.

Suddenly, she takes my hand we drift away out the door. ''I'm ready now Lucas.'' She leads the way out the door and I close it behind. It's time to party.