Chapter 71

"What?" I say, sitting up in my seat, leaning over Taylor to look at whatever Nash is talking about.
"There's traffic, complete stand still" he informs
"Greattt" I drag sarcastically
"So what are we going to do?" Hayes says cheerfully
"I don't know?" Nash snaps at him
"How about we discuss your kiss with Sky Nash?" Matt speaks up
"My what?" Nash says turning to look at Matt
"You know, you kissed her when she wasn't expecting it" Matt explains
"I'm sorry Matt" I say
"No it's not your fault Sky, it's his"
"Then why did you ask me to pick you up if you hated me?" Nash asks him
"I wanted to see if it was true, and now you've told me it was"
"You what?"
"I didn't actually know you guys had kissed, I was just looking for someone to blame"
"You mean you were looking for something to be mad at Sky for so she couldn't be mad at you for cheating on her with her best friend?" Taylor speaks up, taking my hand in his good hand

"No"
"Well what then?"
"I don't know" Matt looks ashamed "but you did kiss him" he directs his words to me now "so you can't be mad at me for kissing Amy"
"You had your tongue down her through, me and Nash barely touched"
"You still kissed him"
"It meant nothing"
"Neither did mine with Amy"
"It obviously did, otherwise you wouldn't have got so defensive" I say turning away from him
"You would have been crawling on your knees begging for her forgiveness" Taylor says backing me up
"Shut up Taylor. I don't care what you have to say. I'm dead to you remember?"
"You should care when it's your girlfriend I'm talking about" Taylor says raising his voice
"She's not my girlfriend" Matt says equalling Taylor's volume "she never was going to be again"
"What?" I whisper but he obviously heard it
"I wasn't going to ask you to be my girlfriend again, I just wanted you as a bit of a hook up after you dumped me and then I wasn't going to talk to you again" he admits "but you wouldn't do anything with me, that's why I went to Amy again"

I can't believe him. I really liked him. I risked my friendship with Taylor for him. I admitted that I loved him. What does he give me back? The truth. Everyone was right.

"Dude, not cool" Hayes says
"I-I can't believe you" I stammer "how can you be such a dick? You were so sweet, but this is the real you now"
"All part of the job sweetheart" he says slyly "you're just another girl, there are thousands more out there who will be willing"
"You pig" I spit, I lean again to look out the front window, the traffic is completely stopped now, people have even got out of their cars, looks like we will be here a long time. I don't want to be in the same state as Matt right now, never mind the same car. I lean my head on the window and close my eyes, blocking out all the voices.

---
"Come on Jaimee" I say opening the door, getting out and then lifting her out, holding her in my arms.
"Where are you going?" Taylor asks
"We're walking" I say nodding towards my little sister
"Sky I don't wanna walk!" Jaimee whines
"Tough, I'm not leaving you here with that" I say looking at Matt "Thanks Nash" I smile appreciatively "bye Hayes, bye Sky! Bye Tay" I smile and shut the door beginning to walk.

A few steps down the road I hear my name being called behind me
"Sky wait!" I turn to see Taylor waving his cast in the air, just as it begins to rain. Typical, stuck in the rain.
"What are you doing?" I call, still walking
"Coming after you!" He calls back, running to catch up with me
"Why? It's raining and I'm just another girl, there are thousands more out there who will be willing" I repeat Matt's words
"You're not just another girl" he says, taking Jaimee out of my arms placing her on the ground "you're THE girl, my girl" he pulls me close to him wrapping his bandaged arm around my waist, bringing his good hand up to cup my cheek. He hesitates but I can't wait any longer, I lean in and kiss him on the lips, he quickly kisses me back and I feel him smiling against my mouth. I lean back and smile.

"Ewww" Jaimee shouts. We both look down at her and then back to each other and laugh. Taylor takes my hand and I pick Jaimee up in the other arm. We continue to walk until we reach the hotel.