Chapter 30

So let's recap. Yesterday, I stabbed a girl in the head, got lost in a city I don't know, got picked up by a boy who's not my boyfriend, walked in on my boyfriend making out with his best friend, dumped him and ended up sleeping in a bed with another boy. Great. Yesterday is in the past now. Today's aim: find Amy.

I slide out of bed as not to wake Taylor, he's so cute when he's asleep. No Sky. Do not do this. You straight up rejected him. Do not start to like him now. I go to the wardrobe and pick out a backpack that I'd brought with me. I fill it with the essentials: water, first aid kit, pain killers, a change of clothes and a hairbrush. I know that when I find Amy, and I will find her, she'll need to change and brush her hair, she is a fashionista afterall. I take out the phone Anna had given me and look through it. There's just the one picture. I open other apps and find nothing of importance. Finally I look on the notes app and find an address : 33 Fairway Drive, LA, 55790-54719. Looks like that's my first stop. I take out my phone and text Jack and Jack.
(S=Sky JJ= Jack Johnson JG= Jack Gilinsky)

S: I've got an address
JG: what?
S: Amy. I've got an address
JJ: see you in the lobby in 5?
JG: yeah
S: okay

I take out some shorts I've already worn and a crop top of Amy's and throw them on. My scars are healing, slowly but they are healing. I knew they weren't bad enough for stitches, everyone was wrong. I pack my phone in the bag and grab some food and walk out the door. I know what you're thinking, why is she leaving Taylor, Matt, Carter and Shawn behind? Well it's easier if I'm just with the Jacks.

I text Taylor: 'gone to find Amy with jack and jack be back soon'

I meet the Jacks in the lobby and we make our way out to Amy's car. We agree that Amy's car will draw less attention then a black range rover with blacked out windows. I put the keys in the engine and start driving.

30 minutes later, we pull up outside what seems to be an abandoned building. It's small, like a shed but when we walk inside it's huge. The walls are plain white and so is the ceiling and floor. On the far wall something is stuck to the wall. I walk up to it and pull it from it's blue tack. It's another address. I take the paper back to the boys and we make our way towards the car. Jack Johnson decides to drive to the next place and soon enough we pull up outside another building.
"She's not here, the picture had lockers in the background"
"The last place lead us here, let's just try it" Jack G says taking my hand breathing deeply. We walk inside to find yet another room with plain white interior.
"Could use a splash of colour in here" I laugh to myself "that's what Amy would say" there's another address on the wall. That address leads us to another building. We walk inside to see a room filled with pictures on the wall. I walk up to take a closer look at the pictures. Pictures of me. Pictures of Amy. Ever since I first came to America. What? How could she have these? I've never seen pictures like these before, so they're not from my parents house. That's a relief. I scan over the pictures. Amy's 16th birthday, my 14th sleepover party. Town trips, park trips. It's as if the photographer has been following me everyday for the whole of my life here. One picture catches my eye. It's a school. The school Amy and I go to. A school has lockers. It's worth a shot right?
"We should go to my school" I say taking the picture off the wall, turning to Jack and Jack.
"Sky? What's that?" Jack J says pointing behind me. I look round to see a part of what seems to be a screen. I start to pull more pictures off the wall to reveal what is behind. A black screen.
"What the?" With that the screen flashes on showing a picture I will never be able to erase from my memory. My best friend, bloodied, battered and bruised. She looks as if she hasn't eaten or drank anything in hours. It's killing me, standing here, doing nothing about it. The image is moving, as if the person on the screen is breathing ever so lightly, struggling.
"It's live" I say walking towards the door "that means she's still alive. We can get to her. I can save her."
"Sky, think about it, why would she be taken to a place that you go to everyday? She'd be taken somewhere you'd never think to find her" Jack G protest
"Exactly, she knows that we would say that, so we'd never go there." I say walking towards the door, I make my way out to the car as both boys follow me. We get in the car and start our way to the school.

I'll be honest with you here. I never in a million years thought that I'd go to magcon and 1. I'd fall in love with one of the boys (which one though, I'm not sure) 2. I'd ever date one of them 3. I'd have 2 of them in my car right now and 4. My best friend would go missing. You could say that this magcon experience so far has been.. Different.