Chapter 43

"What?" I splutter
"Amy has been moved to the ICU" I gasp as Matt asks
"What's the ICU?"
"Intensive Care Unit" I answer "Where can I find her?"
"Room 251 in the ICU, take a left then follow that corridor until you meet the elevator. Then go up to the 3rd floor and continue down the corridor until you get to the double doors. Buzz and someone will let you in" she smiles as I take in all of the directions

We make our way to the ICU and I stop at the double door. Matt raises his hand to push the button but he must see my face because he stops and turns to me.
"What's wrong?"
"What if she's worse than how I found her?"
"Then" he pauses, carefully choosing his words "We embrace it and do everything we can to help her"
"What if it's my fault? What if I didn't find her quick enough?"
"At least you found her, she could still be in that school if she hadn't"
"I guess"
"Shall I press it?" I nod and he pushes the button. Seconds later we are let into the block and we make our way to room 251. I'm apprehensive about going in and I think Matt can tell; he takes my hand and leads me into the room.

I look down on my friend, she looks no worse than she was before. But that means that she is worse on the inside. I don't know which one would be worse. She's been cleaned up and bandaged, it's hard to tell that she is in fact Amy.

"She looks so" I struggle to find the words "Different"