Chapter 22

I turn to Amy, she's beaming at me. I look up to the stage, I see all of the magcon crew on stage holding a bunch of red roses each, shawn is sat with his guitar and Matt is stood in the middle of the group with the microphone in his hand.
"Skylar?" I swallow as Amy nods to me then to the stage giving me a what-are-you-doing look. I shrug and make my way up to the stage, pushing through the crowd of jealous looking girls. Why are they jealous? I have no idea what is going on? As I get up onto the stage Cameron and Nash take my hands and lead me to the centre of the stage. To Matt.
"Matt, what is going on?" I gulp
"Sky, I'm so sorry I hurt you, I never want to hurt you again. We put this together for you."
"Who's we? And what is happening?" Instead of an answer, Shawn starts playing his guitar of an acoustic version of jack and jack's song Distance. My favourite song. How did he know that? Only Amy and Taylor know that? Amy and Taylor know that. It all makes sense now. Taylor telling me that he wouldn't get a chance to kiss me, Amy not wanting to go back to the room, Amy not wanting to tie Taylor's headband on for me, Cameron and Matt's secretive conversations. They've been planning this for ages.

"I've been told this is your favourite song" Matt says and then starts to sing.
"You're such a bad singer" I tease. Matt stops singing
"Hey, I'm trying okay?" I smile and he goes back into singing.
3:17 of singing later Matt finishes the song. The other members of magcon all pass me their bunches of flowers one at a time. There's so many flowers that I can barely hold them all.

Lastly, Taylor comes up to me and hands me the flowers and our hands touch. We both linger from pulling away. In that moment, I flash back to all the times I've had with Taylor. When we first met he called me beautiful and couldn't take his eyes off me, then that night he tried to kiss me, truth or dare; his face when Matt and I kissed. The night I fell asleep in his arms, when he caught me in my towel, he gave me his shirt and his headband. And then the kiss in the elevator. The kiss. I felt like I'd been taken to heaven and back. It was amazing. We've gotten so close that I can't bare to let him go.

"He loves you" Taylor whispers in my ear, lets go of my hand and joins the rest of the group. He looks so sad.

"Skylar Marie Potter" my vision comes back to see Matt on one knee with a single red rose in his hand
"Matt?"
"Don't worry I'm not proposing" I let out a sigh of relief "Sky, will you be my girlfriend?"