Chapter 28

Great. I'm lost and it's getting kinda cold now. I stop walking and pull out my phone and text Matt for him to help me. I was an idiot demanding for Jack to stop the car and let me get out. Shawn was right. It is my fault, I did admit it afterall, I guess I just wanted them to tell me it isn't my fault. But it is and now look where it's left me, cold, lost, bleeding and alone.

I look down at my phone again, Matt hasn't replied and it's been 5 minutes. I decide to ring him. No answer. I ring him again. Still no answer. Ok now what do I do? I don't actually have either jack's number so that leaves Carter, Shawn and Taylor. I can't ring Shawn because he's kind of the reason I'm in this situation and I haven't properly spoken to Taylor since Matt and I became a thing so that leaves Carter. I ring, there's no answer. Why is no one replying?

So I guess that leaves Taylor. I reluctantly dial Taylor's number. To my surprise, he picks up on the first ring.
"Hello? Sky?"
"Hey Taylor"
"What's wrong?"
"Um you know I made you guys stop so I could walk?"
"Let me guess, you're lost?"
"Um you could say that"
"Do you know where abouts you are?"
"Well no Taylor, if I knew that I wouldn't be lost"
"Hey, don't get smart with me miss, you're the one who's lost"
"Sorry tay, I'm by a hotel. And a Starbucks. And a gas station"
"Stay right there"
"Do you know where I am?"
"You've been walking in the wrong direction"
"Typical Sky"
"Stay there, I'm coming"
"Thank you"
"Don't mention it"

With that he hangs up. I hope he gets here quickly. After about 20 minutes of 'staying right there' I see a black 2007 range rover sport pull round the corner. Taylor. It pulls up next to me as the window is wound down.

"Hello stranger"
"Hi tay" I say opening the passenger door and climbing in. "Thanks for this"
"It's okay" he says as he starts the engine "why didn't you ask your boyfriend to come get you?" He says as he pulls away from the curb.
"No reply" I respond clipping in my seat belt.
"Oh" there's an awkward silence for what feels like an eternity but turns out to only be 3 minutes
"Tay?"
"Hmm?" He hums
"Are you okay with this?"
"Okay with what?"
"Matt?"
"Umm... Yeah"
"Please tay, don't lie to me"
"I am, well I'm getting used to it"
"I wanted to tell you. I really did"
"Why didn't you?"
"I panicked. It all happened so fast. I'm sorry tay"
"It's okay"
"Friends?"
"No"
"Tay I thought you said it was okay"
"You didn't let me finish" he sighs "You're not my friend Sky, you're my best friend. Before all this rubbish, we were close, closer than I've ever been with anyone. I know I've only known you for a day and everyone thinks I'm crazy for feeling like this but I do love you Sky. Not just in a way that I want to be your boyfriend, but you mean literally everything to me. Every time I see you get hurt I just want to wrap you up in my arms and keep you safe, but you push me away, you push everyone away. Please let me help you once in a while. I miss you Sky, please, can we be best friends again?"
"You never stopped being my best friend you poohead" I say nudging him slightly.
"Hey, I'm driving"
"Sorry bro" I mock as I've heard him and Carter say it so many times. He laughs and glances at me. I look into his eyes.

As we turn back to look at the road we see a car pull out of a turning.
"Tay!" He swerves and misses the car
"Stupid idiot" he screams out the window "are you okay?" He turns back to talk to me
"Yeah are you?" He nods and turns his focus to the road ahead. "Good, how long will it take to get back?"
"Like 5 minutes"
"Okay" I say as in sink into my chair more comfortably "hey, when we get back, could you help me with something?" I look down to my arm
"Sure, like what?" He says eager that I want his help
"Um" I say turning in my chair so he can see my arm
"Shit sky" he seems to speed up more as if to get me back quicker
"Taylor, there will be more blood if you crash" with that he slows down and I close my eyes.