Chapter 21

This is the first time anyone has asked me that. I know that they both like me and I like both of them. This is a mess. I must be easy to get over because Shawn seems pretty over me and happy with Amy, so why can't they just get over me and stop me hurting one of them. I haven't replied to Amy's question yet. Matt or Taylor? Heart or head?

"I-I-" I start but Amy cuts me off
"It's okay if you can't decide" she smiles taking my hand "maybe something will happen today that will make you like one more than the other" she winks
"Amy? What do you know that I don't?" Before she can reply, the elevator doors open and she drags me out into the crowd of thousands of talking girls. I feel her let go of my hand and I realise that I've lost her. I try to call her name but I get no reply and some weird looks from other girls. 'if we get lost, text the other one deal?' I remember from a previous conversation we'd had on the first day of magcon. When everything was normal, I miss it. I whip out my phone and text Amy.

(A=Amy S=Sky)
S: where are you? I'm lost
A:what? I'm holding your hand right now?
A: I just checked and I am not holding your hand right now
S: you were holding onto some random girl weren't you?
A: no!
A: okay yes maybe I was!
S: so how am I meant to find you?
A: do you have anything you can hold in the air? So that I can see it?

I rummage through my bag and pull out a red bandana that Taylor had given me on the first night here, when I rejected him. I so should not have rejected him, if I had known that he was as an amazing kisser as he is, I would have kissed him ages ago. Focus Sky, don't get caught up in your daydreaming.

S: look for a red bandana
A: will do! ;)

I hold the bandana in my hand and raise my arm above the crowd. I get some weird looks from other girls, some what-the-hell-are-you-doing looks and some looks of envy when they realise it's one of Taylor's. To be honest, I'm past caring what they think of me now. A few minutes later Amy appears next to me.
"What took you so long?" I raise my eyebrow suspiciously
"I-I-" I cut her off
"Save your excuses" I say turning away from her acting like I'm mad but I'm really not

"@skylarpotter_?" I'm stood face to face with another fangirling girl. The girl is quite pretty, longish blonde hair, tall, she seems like the kind of girl who knows she's pretty but will never admit it. "I love you so much oh my god and how you bravely got stabbed to protect the boys! You're a hero"
I smile "who said I got stabbed protecting the boys?"
"It's all over twitter"
"It's not true"
"Oh, what really happened then?"
"I don't mean to be rude, but-" Amy cuts me off
"It's none of your business so beat it" she says shooing the girl with her hand.
"Ok ok" she says disappointedly "can I have a picture with you?" I've never been asked for a picture before. I'm always the one taking the picture.
"Er sure?" I smile to take a picture with the girl "I never got your name"
"It's Ellie" she beams as if to say 'Skylar Potter knows my name' "if it's not too much trouble, could you possibly follow me on twitter?" I turn to look at Amy, she seems agitated and impatient.
"Sure what's your username?"
"@ellieev_" I type her name into the search bar and follow her account, she looks at her phone, she hasn't stopped beaming since I started talking to her. "Thank you so much! I should go, your friend's giving me the evils" with that she turns and makes her way through the very crowded room. I turn to look at Amy.
"You don't have to be so rude all the time you know" I snap
"You don't have to be so nice all the time you know" she says mimicking my voice. I try to fight back a laugh but I can't help it.
"Here help me put this on" I say handing her the red bandana that was still in my hand. She seems hesitant and looks at the stage a couple times and then to the clock on her phone. "Got somewhere to be?" I joke
"No, why would I have somewhere to be?" She splutters. She reluctantly agrees and ties the bandana around my head like a headband and creates a bow at the top of my head with the loose ends. "It really doesn't go with your outfit, you're wearing white. Not red. Maybe you should take it off, what would Matt say?" The drama queen/fashionista argues.
"I don't care what Matt would say" and for the first time, I meant it. "Plus it adds a splash of colour, does it not?" She nods head in agreement just as a voice booms through the microphone. All heads in the room snap up to look at the stage, including mine. We look up to see Cameron holding the mic.

"Hi guys, I'm Cam but you already knew that" he winks at a girl in the front row who practically faints. "and I'd like to introduce my friends. First up we have Nash Grier" Nash comes out from behind stage in his signature light jog. He gives the girls at the front of the crows a little wave and a cheeky wink again.
"Next up we have Shawn mendes" Shawn strides out from behind stage carrying a brown acoustic guitar in his left hand. He uses his other free hand to wave to the screaming girls. He sees me and Amy in the audience and gives us a wink. I'm almost 100% sure the wink was directed at me, maybe I am just hoping it was at me.
"Give it up for Mr Carter Reynolds!" Carter does another cheesy grin whilst waving and making him way over to the boys onstage. "The one and only Hayes Grier!" Hayes walks out smiling. "Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson ladies!" More screams. "The man, Aaron Carpenter" more screams.
"Taylor Caniff everybody" I decide not to scream for Taylor, as that's what got me into this mess in the first place.

After about 4 hours of singing, dancing (Bad dancing at that) and general silliness I turn to Amy.
"Ames, can we go back to the room? I'm really tired, I can't even keep my eyes open"
"No! We can't go yet, we haven't gotten to the best bit!" She stops quickly as if she's revealed something she shouldn't have. I'm too tired to argue and question her.
"Okay, you stay, I'll go back up to the room"
"No sky you can't leave! What would Matt say! My one job was to keep you here and now you want to leave" once again she acts like she's revealed too much.
"Amy what are you on-" I'm cut off by a booming voice over the microphone

"Sky? Skylar Potter? Can you come up here?"
Oh my god.