Chapter 41

I've never heard this voice before. I turn around to see a short brunette girl, smiling at me. She's about 15 and very pretty.
"Hi?"
"Sorry, my name is Brooke"
"Hi Brooke"
"I heard that you're going out with Matt? Or is it Taylor?"
"It's neither"
"Oh how come?"
"I'm sorry, I'd love to talk but I'm actually looking for Matt right now"
"Ohh I see" she says wiggling her eyebrows mischievously at me
"It's not like that"
"Okay sure, that's not what twitter thinks"
"Twitter is wrong"

"Hey Sky! Sorry I took so lo-" he says running up to me "who's this?"
"Omg you're Matt Espinosa" Brooke's eyes light up "I love you so much"
"Hi, thanks I love you too" he says
"We really have to go to that place.." I say nodding towards the elevator at Matt
"Oh yeah! Sorry bye" he says beginning to walk "I never did get your name?"
"It's Brooke"
"Brooke. That's a beautiful name" he winks "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl" his words make me feel sick. She giggles in one of those cutesy laughs that every girl does. Not me of course.
"Um Matt?" I say getting impatient
"Hold on Sky! I'm talking to Brooke" he hisses. I huff and fold my arms. "So, you wanna hang sometime?" Great. Just what I need, another girl in the picture.
"Sure" she says trying to hide the excitement in her voice but failing miserably. She passes Matt her phone as he enters his number and she does the same on his.
"Great. So can we go?" I snap
"Ok ok I'm coming! You don't have to be so rude all the time you know" Brooke smiles at his remark, her sickly smile makes me want to slap her.
"Neither do you" I counter
"Woahhh, what's got you so worked up?" He says, instantly regretting it "shit Sky I'm sorry" I shake my head and walk off "where are you going?"
"I'm going to the hospital on my own" I shout, still walking to the elevator.

"Hospital?" I hear Brooke say "what is she pregnant or something? She's really moody"
"No she's not- it's complicated" he says "I have to go, see you later beautiful" he says kissing her on the cheek and running after me.

Then elevator opens and I step inside, the doors begin to close as Matt slides in, the doors closing behind him.

"What's up with you?"
"Nothing"
"Obviously something and don't use Amy as an excuse"
"It's not exactly nice to see you drooling over some girl you just met"
"What like I did with you?"
"That was different" I turn away "That was me" I add under my breath so that he couldn't hear it.
"Jealous much?"